Exam Formula Sheet (1 Viewer)

Samuelm

can anyone help me with what formulas are what on the formula sheet. They're divided into different section but i need to know what they're all used for.

tennille

HSC
I'm looking at the 2002 formula sheet. When I mention the sections, I'm going down the page.

The first section is for waves, second section is for electricity/motors and generators, third is motion, fourth is mainly for astrophysics, fifth is for motors and generators, sixth is for space, seventh is for from ideas to implementation and the last three sections I'm not sure about.

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
well first column is obviosly yr 11 stuff...
2nd column is on space ep formula den projectile motion keplers law force bw two objects energy and dillation formulas... etc dude to get them all you gotta look through them in your text book... yourself write them out practice yeah... its not too late ... 24 hrs till exam well now less then 24

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
Tennille said:
I'm looking at the 2002 formula sheet. When I mention the sections, I'm going down the page.

The first section is for waves, second section is for electricity/motors and generators, third is motion, fourth is mainly for astrophysics, fifth is for motors and generators, sixth is for space, seventh is for from ideas to implementation and the last three sections I'm not sure about.
i didnt realise u posted b4 me:eek: sorry hahah

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Warning about 'preliminary' formulas:

There are (and this confused me often) a lot of formulas that are VERY useful in the HSC course, that are all located on the preliminary section and may be overlooked. They are:

E = F/q. This rearranges to F = qE,which you will need for forces on Cathode Rays in Ideas to Implementations.

F = ma, which is fairly obvious, but it can be used in Space for calculating Acceleration due to gravity, or in Ideas to Implementation to calculate the acceleration on a particle in a field.

F = mv²/r, centripetal force is part of Space. This is used in the derivation of Kepler's Law and in calculating orbital velocity.

Ek = 1/2(mv²) which again is pretty obvious, but it's used in space for calculating Escape Velocity, and quite possible in Ideas to Implementation and Quanta to Quarks for calculating the energy of various particles.

W = Fs, not used directly but it leads to Ep = mgh, which is NOT on the formula sheet, but is in the syllabus in Space.

p = mv or I = Ft may be useful for rockets in Space, if only to understand the concepts better.

Last edited:

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Warning about 'preliminary' formulas:

There are (and this confused me often) a lot of formulas that are VERY useful in the HSC course, that are all located on the preliminary section and may be overlooked. They are:

E = F/q. This rearranges to F = qE,which you will need for forces on Cathode Rays in Ideas to Implementations.

F = ma, which is fairly obvious, but it can be used in Space for calculating Acceleration due to gravity, or in Ideas to Implementation to calculate the acceleration on a particle in a field.

F = mv²/r, centripetal force is part of Space. This is used in the derivation of Kepler's Law and in calculating orbital velocity.

Ek = 1/2(mv²) which again is pretty obvious, but it's used in space for calculating Escape Velocity, and quite possible in Ideas to Implementation and Quanta to Quarks for calculating the energy of various particles.

W = Fs, not used directly but it leads to Ep[/b] = mgh, which is NOT on the formula sheet, but is in the syllabus in Space.

p = mv or I = Ft may be useful for rockets in Space, if only to understand the concepts better.

lol dude you are so smart :) i wish i was as smart as you haha omg thnx for saying bout prelim formulas.. umm b4 i didnt actually look at them thank you so much:)
yeah and that link is prety darn useful hahah laters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)