Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Disco Dinosaurs

HSC
I thought the test was fairly good. Before the test my friend said jokingly "They're going to ask about environment and time. Most important concepts ever." I laughed when I opened the paper.

I did Popular Culture a), uaing examples from surfing and Pokémon because it was a general question, writing a bit over 5 pages, and Equality and Difference b), talking about the aged in Australia, and wrote a bit over 6 pages. I don't know why they didn't give us 8 page booklets for the essays, pretty much everypne at my school asked for extra booklets.

kel27

HSC
it was great! i guessed that they were going to ask about westernisation because i looked at all the past papers from 2001 and they'd asked about EVERY process and EVERY theory of social change except westernisation =]

so i was betting that was going to be in there!

overall it was a good exam-thank you bos!

Natendo

HSC
I thought it was generally a great exam. I didn't study the concepts or methodologies at all. But I still think I did ok.

That said, I had to revert to dot points in my two essays (work and leisure and equality and difference). There was just so much I wanted to say, but so little time >.<

The "is westernisation inevitable" question = great.

The continuity and change question concerning the theory = fantastic.

I was expecting a much harder exam with really left of field questions like the trials (and my experience of SAC exams throught years 11 and 12) but every question in the exam was inextricably linked with the syllabus dot points.

A thoroughly good paper. I rate it 4.5 out of 5 stars.

minus 0.5 because of the pain in the nuts signing out was. It took me half an hour to get out of the place because of the whole tying all the booklets together with string, but also tying questions where you used more than one booklet together, tying the short answer response and me not being able to comprehend or listen to instructions....

oh the perils of the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)