• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

examining journal? (1 Viewer)

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
Just to clear this up, I've heard conflicting opinions... do they, or do they not, look at the journal?

if they aren't going to look at the journal except in the unlikely event that they believ it to not be authentic, then there's little reason to frantically start writing all this top stuff for journal entries then..

please help put my mind at peace

HSC
N/A
^ correct. They will only look at your journal for validation purposes, if at all.

Many EE2 students report their journals not veing touched at all - as proof one girl tied a string around her journal with a complicated chinese knot, maybe the rest of you can try something similar if you really want to test whether they opened it or not? :p (and then of course, if you do something like this please post up and tell us whether your journal came back unopened or not... :D)

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
thanks glitterfairy. so ur quite sure? as in its not really worth putting much effort into it at this stage (iv already done a pretty decent job so far - jus not lately)

ps how do u know it wasnt touched.. i thought we didnt get the journals back ..?

grrr people are so annoying. ive heard that it really is very unrealistic unless they think that you'r cheating. then someone else said that there's a place in sydney that produces MWs for money.. so if yours is good they will check it

HSC
N/A
I think that you have to apply to get it back... although some schools will request for all journals to be returned (which was the case with my school, I think).

My teacher was telling me once about an EE2 Critical Response he read where he had to read the journal. Basically, he thought it sounded like a Society and Culture PIP... he flipped through the journal and it looked like supporting documentation for a PIP, so that's when he contacted whoever he was supposed to :p

I think it's a bit - what's the word for literary hypochondria :p - to expect them to flip through your journal if it is of a good standard. Considering the number of MW's they are probably only going to bother checking if there is some kind of major inconsistency between MW and RS (eg great MW but crap RS), or vice versa, or like in the situation I've listed above.

Provided that your journal proves that *you* wrote it (past drafts and commentary are almost all you need), then I think you're fine :)

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
hokey sweet. one of my teachers is gettin pretty adament that we do some gd stuff in journal.. because mw seems to be of high standard... :S i dno...

*brain wave* hey glitterfairy *cue cheesy grin* are you busy atm.. care to read some writing?? :p

Scorch

HSC
I'm just going to put a bunch of fake entries in at the end. Personally I hated the idea of a journal, so yeah.

My teacher said the same thing, she knows some markers, it's just if they don't think you wrote it.

HSC
N/A
Ennaybur said:
hokey sweet. one of my teachers is gettin pretty adament that we do some gd stuff in journal.. because mw seems to be of high standard... :S i dno...

*brain wave* hey glitterfairy *cue cheesy grin* are you busy atm.. care to read some writing?? :p
*chuckles*

Thanks to finally having a working internet connection, I've emailed it back to you and it should be in your inbox now :) I'm still waiting on that RS, if you want to send it ;)

At this point, your priority list should be like this:

1) Get a working MW together. Maybe not perfect but very close
2) Get a working RS together. Maybe not perfect but very close
3) Perfect your MW and have friends on hand to tell you to stop obsessing over the little things ;)
4) Perfect your RS (check for solid STRUCTURE, minimum of waffling/rambling etc)
5) Fiddle with your Journal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)