• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

exercise books vs loose leaf? (1 Viewer)

gcmk

HSC
wondering what ppl think about using exercise books or loose leafs for school?
what do you prefer for note taking for exams ?

PrettyVacant

HSC
Note taking in exams : Loose leaf.

Actual school theory notes: Exercise book.

I'm so scared of dropping my folder (that is, if I had one, and losing all the loose leaves). Exercise books are a good insurance against that.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I usually use a exercise book for my things. Note-taking, dates to remember, and any other relevant suff is taken in loose leaf, and placed in a folder. For the notes, I'd write them on the loose-leaf, and then later write them into my book.

PrettyVacant said:
I'm so scared of dropping my folder (that is, if I had one, and losing all the loose leaves)
My Modern History teacher calls them losed-leaf :)

yosemite sam

HSC
Loose leaf all the way! But i have a couple of exercise books for revision for maths or pre-exam study.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Excercise books, loose leaf is harder to organise.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I find loose lief is actually easier for me to organise, but everyone is different. I'm the type of person who always looks at the wrong week, picks up the wrong books, etc. so in past years I eventually gave up on exercise books and just wrote everything in, say, my Science book. Then when that was full, I used my History book, etc... it wasn't a good study method.

Loose leaf is perfect for me. I just carry around the one notebook. It's lighter, it's easier, and I find it's more organised since I can go home and rewrite them, making it neater AND revising at the same time. :)

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
i use both.

yes. im disorganised to the max..

i use loose leaf when i fall behind. and rewrite it back into my exercise book. :)

tlodg

HSC
N/A
timlay said:
i use both.

yes. im disorganised to the max..

i use loose leaf when i fall behind. and rewrite it back into my exercise book. :)
at least u rewrite it back into your notebook!

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
Kujah said:
For the notes, I'd write them on the loose-leaf, and then later write them into my book.

AWESOME.

:) THATS WHAT I DO! (yeah like. actually bothered to read what people typed after i posted)

:) sorrrryyyy. im not copying you okay. >=(!

its time consuming yes. but well. at least i can bludge off in class. note taking on loose leaf can be messssyyyy :) and then like. notebook = neatttt :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
^ haha yeah. It allows me to bludge and snooze in class :) I re-write them, changing any mistakes I created, and then my exercise book looks neat :D

HSC
I'm using looseleaf after about 4 years of notebooks and I'm finding its actually a lot easier. And I hate glue...so it's perfect! =]

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
yeah but worksheets = HOLE PUNCHING? i ALWAYS get the hole punching wrong.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Thats why I bring A4 folders with me for storage :)

PrettyVacant

HSC
Lame. Exercise books.

Seriously, I love cutting and pasting. It's fun and therapeutic.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Loose leaf can more likely then not turn into lost leaf for many people. It really depends on you (your organisational skills\management) and how your teacher teaches.

Personally why go through all the hassle of using loose leaf sure at uni etc it can work very well as you taking notes all the time and mixing things in different sections etc but for school exercise books work best on a whole for the majority of students. Everything is there, sheets can be glued in and notes written and it doesn't take much time management skills, which many students lack.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
pritnep said:
Loose leaf can more likely then not turn into lost leaf for many people. It really depends on you (your organisational skills\management) and how your teacher teaches.

Personally why go through all the hassle of using loose leaf sure at uni etc it can work very well as you taking notes all the time and mixing things in different sections etc but for school exercise books work best on a whole for the majority of students. Everything is there, sheets can be glued in and notes written and it doesn't take much time management skills, which many students lack.
Preference, really.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well no, some students still need to be told and spoon feed and a lot of students are organised enough to even consider using loose leaf.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
Exercise books get so chunky when you have to paste everything in. :uhhuh:

pritnep said:
Loose leaf can more likely then not turn into lost leaf for many people.
Especially when you have to lend notes to friends who have to catch up on work. It's really hard keeping track of who's got what notes and where they fit into the topic after you've ruined the order you've done them in...unless you date them, of course. :)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
timlay said:
yeah but worksheets = HOLE PUNCHING? i ALWAYS get the hole punching wrong.
Get that....thing that I have. It's like a hole puncher you put in your folder, so you can align the paper correctly and everything. It's perrrfect. Another reason why loose leaf > exercise books.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)