Extensions (1 Viewer)

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
Hey, For My Electives I Am At The Point Where I'm Thinking Of What Subjects I Am Going To Choose, And Was Wondering That If I don't Choose An Extension For Eg Extension 1 Maths Or English Is That Bad And I Know I Shouldnt Be Worring About Scaling But Most People Are Telling Me That I Would Get A Low Hsc Mark. The Thing Is, Is That I Dont Think I Would Be Able To Cope, If I Pick Up An Extension And Was Wondering If I Should Just Pick Up An Extension 1 Maths And Just Try It Out And If I Dnt Like It Drop It Next Year. Would That Be On The Safe Side Or Should I Just Not Bother Choosing One.

P

pLuvia

gadbil said:
Hey, For My Electives I Am At The Point Where I'm Thinking Of What Subjects I Am Going To Choose, And Was Wondering That If I don't Choose An Extension For Eg Extension 1 Maths Or English Is That Bad And I Know I Shouldnt Be Worring About Scaling But Most People Are Telling Me That I Would Get A Low Hsc Mark. The Thing Is, Is That I Dont Think I Would Be Able To Cope, If I Pick Up An Extension And Was Wondering If I Should Just Pick Up An Extension 1 Maths And Just Try It Out And If I Dnt Like It Drop It Next Year. Would That Be On The Safe Side Or Should I Just Not Bother Choosing One.
umm.. dont believe what they say, extensions DONT nesseccarily boost your marks, it depends if you do well in them. As for choosing it, it is good, it is more "fun" yes "fun", it shows how much your abilities can go to, choosing extension subjects now is probably a good idea, as you said if your not coping than drop it, dont make the mistake i made with my choices. I chose ext maths and not ext eng, :( so good luck~~ :):p If you don't do well in your extensions then it wont scale dramatically so yeah. becareful, doesnt your school provide you with a seminar to help to what you choose, liek a board of studies member comes and talk to you?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
gadbil said:
Doing any extension course that you know you can't cope with will not boost your marks. The presence of these subjects isn't going to get you a high UAI - your performance in your subjects will.

Do not ever be pressured to choose subjects that you know you will flunk. Choosing subjects based on scaling is a big no-no. Pick subjects that you are good at, or interested in - because chances are, if you're not good at it or interested in it, you won't do well in it.

(I certainly hope you won't write the first letter of every word in caps in your english exams...)

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
I agree with pretty much everything that's been said so far...
If you like english and/or maths, and are doing reasonably well, take the extensions.

And yes, please don't capitalise every word. It's incredibly hard to read

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
it was suppose to be all in caps, but bos stops that happening

dreamer7

HSC
gadbil said:
I'm sorry to be rude, but don't pick English extension because your grammar is appalling.

P

pLuvia

dreamer7 said:
I'm sorry to be rude, but don't pick English extension because your grammar is appalling.
ee1 isnt what you think it is, it is totally different to advanced english. Teachers that keep on saying you have to be REALLY good at english are somewhat correct, but even the ee1 people don't get higher marks than just the advanced people. EE1 doesnt help with advanced at all unlike maths

and yes gabdill, please don't write in caps, what difference does it make?

klaw

HSC
kadlil said:
ee1 isnt what you think it is, it is totally different to advanced english. Teachers that keep on saying you have to be REALLY good at english are somewhat correct, but even the ee1 people don't get higher marks than just the advanced people. EE1 doesnt help with advanced at all unlike maths

and yes gabdill, please don't write in caps, what difference does it make?
EE1 is basically the same as advanced english... you still write essays, do speeches, etc... It just has different topics... Therefore people shouldn't pick EE1 if they're bad at adv eng

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)