External Transfers, will completing only one session make a difference? (1 Viewer)

Maximus

Decimus Meridius
HSC
I mean, like, one semester. When they decide whether you're eligible for the course or not, do they care whether you ditched your previous course half way through the year, or stuck it all the way out till the end of the year? I mean, as far as I can tell, you can get a GPA from one session, but a few people have been telling me I should complete the first year of my current course for a successful transfer.

Also, another question, probably not this forum's area, but it's related. At this point, 2 weeks into the semester, is it too late to back out without having to pay HECS for this session? (I'm at USyd, they haven't sent us any invoices yet.)

sarevok

HSC
don't know about the transfer thing, but the census date is aug 30, so i believe you can withdraw without any fees provided you do so before then

Maximus

Decimus Meridius
HSC
Thanks, that gives me 3 weeks, wich takes te pressure off a bit. Still, can anyone answer the first question?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
If you don't complete 1 year full time uni, if you apply to transfer, UAC will only take your UAI into consideration

Maximus

Decimus Meridius
HSC
Really? I didn't think that was the case. Cuz on the PDF in Frigid's stickied thread, http://community.boredofstudies.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=6232 , down on the fourth page "Schedule 3 - Bachelor degree studies", there's a column for converting GPA's for "Attempted 0.5-0.99 FTE". 0.5 meaning one semester, what would be the point of listing it if GPA's can't even be used at that point?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
This section contains a selection of common schedules that are used by Southern Cross University to allocate
selection ranks to applicants. The list of schedules included in this section is not a complete list of
schedules used by SCU, but is a sample of some of the common schedules.
The schedules in this section are published as a guide to prospective students. Slightly different conversions of
qualifications to selection ranks may apply. Southern Cross University reserves the right to determine your final
selection rank.
UAC may be different

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)