Extra 5 uai points if in western sydney 4 uws? (1 Viewer)

Russkie

I was jus wondering if u live in the western sydney area, do u get an extra 5 uai points or something like that if u wana go to uws?

i got 79.1 for my uai, so i was wondering could i get into psychology which the cut off was 82.60 or something like that by any chance?

psycho_mushy

HSC
doubt it..

that would be advantaging those ppl in the west...

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I heard somewhere as well that with some unis u get extra uai points if u live nearby to the uni. Not sure if it's true though, just a rumour I heard.

Rahul

Dead Member
yeh, something called a RET i think. you had to do it during the year. maybe someone else can fill you in. :)

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
No, you do not 5 extra UAI points just for living in western sydney cause what disadvantage do you have???

You only get 5 extra UAI points if you appied for EAS but this also goes for every uni.

juggernaut

HSC
my friend got asked to go to uws.. if she went she got 10 extra uai points

well not asked, but applied and got accepted

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by Mr Wiggle
No, you do not 5 extra UAI points just for living in western sydney cause what disadvantage do you have???
Trust me. You don't want to know. Nonetheless, we definately deserve the extra 5 points. I sure as hell need a 104.75 to get into my course... ahem.

SXC_DRAGON_BOY

Been A While
HSC
Originally posted by yenta
I heard somewhere as well that with some unis u get extra uai points if u live nearby to the uni. Not sure if it's true though, just a rumour I heard.
wollongong uni offers 3 bonus uai if u r a local to the area and im one of those ppl hehe
doesnt do much for me as i already got accepted into UOW b4 the hsc started

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
You get 3 extra points @ UOW if you go to a Shire school (or one done in Wollongong presumably).

Not sure bout UWS, but they might have a similar scheme for those living in the West.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Nothing wrong with a bit of ego I say!

Huy

HSC
N/A
With UWS, you would have to sit the RET (identical to the STAT test, but without the written component? I'm not sure).

This allows for a 5 point increase in your UAI, if you attend UWS.

I think that's right, because we were all given a letter during the year, for those who wish to sit RET (regional entrance test?). It was $110 or so, almost as much as UMAT itself! I didn't pay for it and never sat RET, but I think a few people from my school did and they're going to UWS - nothing wrong with that, they're bettering themselves through tertiary education, it doesn't matter where they study.

Good for them, :)

Generator

HSC
N/A
The RET test works for up to 10 points above your UAI. My sister applied, yet she doesn't need it.

KeypadSDM, if you are from the inner west, then why do you consider yourself as being disadvantaged?

The west isn't as disadvantaged as some people think. One of the biggest problems is that the majority of the selective and private high schools appear to be within the inner city, eastern and lower north shore regions, which means that other areas are highlighted due to the apparent lack of academic ability...

Rahul

Dead Member
also, i have heard of many people who go to selective schools in the inner city that live in the west, and even families that have moved closer to the city for that very reason.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by Generator
KeypadSDM, if you are from the inner west, then why do you consider yourself as being disadvantaged?
It was just a joke, as we've seen you don't even need to go to selevtive schools (or schools out of the inner west) to get great marks (read: Homebush Boys High 100.00 UAI)

Mr MU

Originally posted by KeypadSDM
It was just a joke, as we've seen you don't even need to go to selevtive schools (or schools out of the inner west) to get great marks (read: Homebush Boys High 100.00 UAI)
HomeBush Boys used to be selective until early 1990s, but it still keep its good academic tradition all these years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)