• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

extra-curricula - UNSW or USyd? (1 Viewer)

dotcomgirl

HSC
Sorry to be starting another UNSW vs USyd thread...but I'm still deciding between the two unis and I just wanted to know which uni has the better uni student life in the case of groups like law society, mooting and even other student groups?

Basically which uni could provide a better social life?

Just asking because I've been involved in student groups in high school and I want to participate in other things like mooting to get more practical experience.

So which uni offers more of these opportunities, especially for 1st and 2nd year law students?

Thanks.

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
imo there's no big difference between the two in that regard.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
agreed. no significant difference between either uni.

patricia888

HSC
I'm biased...but I'd say UNSW....simply because i am personally involved in so many clubs/societies and competitions at UNSW...there's so many to choose from. UNSW has an exciting social life....our Octoberfest is one of the biggest in Sydney. We have the biggest, most commercially funded and longest Oweek out of all the universities in Australia. If you want to find out more about uni social life and all the clubs and societies at UNSW.. go to www.arc.unsw.edu.au .... also go to <cite>www.[B]unswlawsoc[/B].org</cite>

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
In case you later decide to look at other uni's I'll add that MQ has an internal mooting comp which allows first years to participate, they are in the junior comp with second years so they can learn the skills without being traumatised by the 3-5th years.

I'm not sure if other uni's allow first years to moot, I know UWS doesn't have any internal comps. I've mooted against USYD 3rd years, they weren't too shabby.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
I'd say that where you live (relative to campus/the city) will also factor into any social life you have, especially when it comes to late night parties and whatnot. Another factor worth considering.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
hfis said:
I'd say that where you live (relative to campus/the city) will also factor into any social life you have, especially when it comes to late night parties and whatnot. Another factor worth considering.
That is a very good point, bit of sucky thing about MQ

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Haha, try Wollongong - or even better, my first three years at uni where I had a 1.5hr commute :p

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
hfis said:
Haha, try Wollongong - or even better, my first three years at uni where I had a 1.5hr commute :p
That would suck. With MQ its not the distance but the lack of public transport and the like. I generally stay at my b/fs because he lives and ryde, its close but still u'd need a cab or lift once it gets late

04er

HSC
I need to leave home 2 hours before my first class :| Granted, I get there 25 min early, but that's due to the frequency of the trains.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)