Extremely Pissed off. Please help... (1 Viewer)

D.Larie

Here's the story, I did NOT get into my first pref - Visual Communication at UTS.
I got into an Arts in Communication course at UTS.

I would like to know if I have a good chance of tranferring from an Arts in Communication course to Visual Communications.
Different Faculties.

Will I possibly get a better chance if I show a portfolio of designs, pictures I've done?

How well do I have to do in my current course to be allowed to transfer?

If I am able to transfer after this year, will I have to begin the Vis Comm. course right from Year 1, or just skip to Year 2?

If I'm allowed to skip to Yr 2, I would be very disadvantaged wouldn't I? Or would I be expected to put in extra work to fulfil the First Year's requirements?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
1. we dont really care

2. as much as im aware UTS dont have internal course transfer. Only within faculty transfer

3. could help not sure, i though that you are suppose to do that before you got your offer.

4. credit average should be sufficent

5. depends if your doing the same subjects as in first year visual comm.

6. refer to 5. obviously you would have to put work in if you need to extend due to missing core subjects.

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
credit average for internal course transfer inbetween semesters

distinction averge for uni to uni transfer

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Arts in Communications is ungraded for first year, which means that you can only have a pass average which means that your chances of transferring are quite slim.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
youll only be able to go into 2nd year if youve done units which go towards the degree that youre transferring too (some degrees share units)

persephone

HSC
what about if you want an internal transfer (UNSW) from Bachelor of Arts to Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)