Faculty Welcome (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Well that was fun wasn't it! I didn't get to meet any Bored of Studies Folks! And what about the Student Association girl lol she was a talking machine!!!

Jinglebell

HSC
hey ash, i saw you but you were talking to someone else and i was too nice to interrupt:p you were sitting in the row behind me for the first bit before we split up...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
oh ok cool u must come and say hi at one of our lectures lol. Oh yeah I was sitting with someone from Gumal then.... then I met some people doing journalism after we split up.

Can you believe classes on our first day of university aren't on!!!! lol

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Hey ash, I didn't see you, but I don't know what you look like so that's prob why!

I was sitting next to the girl from the students association during the second half of lectures (up the back when she stood up) lol.

Anyways, so does the strike mean we don't turn up to uni on monday AT ALL?!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
My roomate says he got an email to say to still show up to uni, but I can't access my uts mail, it won't work atm. So I dunno.

Jinglebell

HSC
this is the email, i couldn't figure out whether we should turn up or not considering we were pretty much told not to:

NTEU Strike Action - Monday 1 March 2004

I have been advised that the NTEU intends to take industrial action at UTS, in the form of strike action on the first day of Autumn Semester, 1 March 2004.

I would like to assure you that the University will be open and will operate as normal on this day. I have asked those staff who have scheduled classes who participate in the strike to make arrangements so that the University can notify you of their absence from classes.

I hope that these arrangements minimise any disruption to you.

Best wishes for the new academic year.

Professor Ross Milbourne
Vice-Chancellor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)