failing y11 term 2, what now (1 Viewer)

iloveeggs

HSC
so this term we had a practical assessment with a theory component. the equipment i got completely failed to produce any coherent values, which was verified by the teacher (they also tried to get it to work and it didn't work) who then didn't help and left me to figure it out on my own. i lost a lot of time trying to get some sort of results so i could do the rest of the test but then ran out of time for the rest of the test. so i have very bleak chances of passing basically bc i easily lost a lot of marks on the questions i didnt attempt.

when i asked the teachers to consider some sort of compensation of time or marks or smth they basically told me they couldn't do anything and i had to place a misadventure. and they also said even if i got a misadventure im such a low achieving student that if they estimated based on past marks i wouldn't get a decent mark (btw i rank well above average in my physics cohort and last years science cohort).

should i go raise this issue with someone else? idk whether to make it a bigger deal. ik prelims dont matter or whatever but i feel like i basically got slapped in the face when i raised a genuine concern about an issue i didnt cause. i also can't let it go and fail bc that would piss of my parents.

id rather fail bc i was genuinely stupid and didn't study as opposed to failing like this especially bc i grinded physics this term. i genuinely feel like crying rn

liamkk112

HSC
so this term we had a practical assessment with a theory component. the equipment i got completely failed to produce any coherent values, which was verified by the teacher (they also tried to get it to work and it didn't work) who then didn't help and left me to figure it out on my own. i lost a lot of time trying to get some sort of results so i could do the rest of the test but then ran out of time for the rest of the test. so i have very bleak chances of passing basically bc i easily lost a lot of marks on the questions i didnt attempt.

when i asked the teachers to consider some sort of compensation of time or marks or smth they basically told me they couldn't do anything and i had to place a misadventure. and they also said even if i got a misadventure im such a low achieving student that if they estimated based on past marks i wouldn't get a decent mark (btw i rank well above average in my physics cohort and last years science cohort).

should i go raise this issue with someone else? idk whether to make it a bigger deal. ik prelims dont matter or whatever but i feel like i basically got slapped in the face when i raised a genuine concern about an issue i didnt cause. i also can't let it go and fail bc that would piss of my parents.

id rather fail bc i was genuinely stupid and didn't study as opposed to failing like this especially bc i grinded physics this term. i genuinely feel like crying rn
submit a misadventure, if you estimate on previous marks its better than getting 0 for questions u didn't attempt, they are being silly though - i remember our equipment broke down in our prac and our teacher just let people redo it next class we had. also if you rank above average and you have low marks, then chances are that your peers will get low marks this assessment anyway so you'll remain at a similar rank

yeah prelims dont matter at all but its frustrating to fail lol i got a c in year 11 physics even though i tried super hard, only got 77% on trials too and managed to get a b6 so its just a hard subject usually with harsh marks internally. also tell your parents what happened, theyll probably understand and u can ask them to help u escalate it further if u care to get a second chance (coz chances are the school is gonna budge slightly if u just ask ur parents to ring up)

good luck

iloveeggs

HSC
if you havent, talk to your year advisor, your head teacher, head of science and head of wellbeing
ik i should but i feel like ill be gaslit and stuff - even the ppl in my classes are like "well what did you expect its the science faculty" or "its not even worth seeking help" and its bc in the past when ppl have tried to ask for compensation the response was very much aggressive

i remember this one person in y10 science who asked for a mark for a question they actually got right but were marked wrong - and the teachers actually gave them the mark but then reduced a mark for a different section quoting some bs reason

nobody actually manages to beat the science faculty with this kind of thing so it kind of feels like a lost cause

spiderfan44

HSC
ik i should but i feel like ill be gaslit and stuff - even the ppl in my classes are like "well what did you expect its the science faculty" or "its not even worth seeking help" and its bc in the past when ppl have tried to ask for compensation the response was very much aggressive

i remember this one person in y10 science who asked for a mark for a question they actually got right but were marked wrong - and the teachers actually gave them the mark but then reduced a mark for a different section quoting some bs reason

nobody actually manages to beat the science faculty with this kind of thing so it kind of feels like a lost cause
you can always dispute with your headteacher

also gaslighting is a manipulation tactic, not when someone disagrees with you or lies to you

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC

fk that bruh fight it, if not, won't matter regardless since its your yr11 marks. You're sacrificing something that'd be in the air once your 3 term prelim course is finished lmfao. Focus on what you can do to maximise your yr12 marks (like the accelerated subject you're currently doing) as these are the marks that will stick.

iloveeggs

HSC
you can always dispute with your headteacher

also gaslighting is a manipulation tactic, not when someone disagrees with you or lies to you
my head teacher is the one thats calling me stupid lmaoo

also yeah ik its a manipulation tactic i was kind of joking

iloveeggs

HSC
fk that bruh fight it, if not, won't matter regardless since its your yr11 marks. You're sacrificing something that'd be in the air once your 3 term prelim course is finished lmfao. Focus on what you can do to maximise your yr12 marks (like the accelerated subject you're currently doing) as these are the marks that will stick.
fair enough

iloveeggs

HSC
submit a misadventure, if you estimate on previous marks its better than getting 0 for questions u didn't attempt, they are being silly though - i remember our equipment broke down in our prac and our teacher just let people redo it next class we had. also if you rank above average and you have low marks, then chances are that your peers will get low marks this assessment anyway so you'll remain at a similar rank

yeah prelims dont matter at all but its frustrating to fail lol i got a c in year 11 physics even though i tried super hard, only got 77% on trials too and managed to get a b6 so its just a hard subject usually with harsh marks internally. also tell your parents what happened, theyll probably understand and u can ask them to help u escalate it further if u care to get a second chance (coz chances are the school is gonna budge slightly if u just ask ur parents to ring up)

good luck
update: tried to talk to the teachers - they told me it was more than 3 days after the assessment and they couldn't help according to the assessment policy. they are also saying it's not that big of an impact that i should have just dealt with it in the exam.

i'm too tired to argue with them anymore and i dont think i'll get anything out of it. my parents want to be involved and ring the school but i'm concerned this will escalate and cause issues for me in the future. idk what to do anymore lol

liamkk112

HSC
update: tried to talk to the teachers - they told me it was more than 3 days after the assessment and they couldn't help according to the assessment policy. they are also saying it's not that big of an impact that i should have just dealt with it in the exam.

i'm too tired to argue with them anymore and i dont think i'll get anything out of it. my parents want to be involved and ring the school but i'm concerned this will escalate and cause issues for me in the future. idk what to do anymore lol
just dont bother tbh, provided ur parents are happy it wont even affect ur atar, so maybe just explain to them that only year 12 grades count or wtv so its not too big of a deal (or just let them ring, in which case either the principal tells them they cant do anything or something gets changed but anyway your parents are happy)

iloveeggs

HSC
just dont bother tbh, provided ur parents are happy it wont even affect ur atar, so maybe just explain to them that only year 12 grades count or wtv so its not too big of a deal (or just let them ring, in which case either the principal tells them they cant do anything or something gets changed but anyway your parents are happy)
my parents are fine we decided not to escalate it further, hopefully my marks are okay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)