Family Assessment Task - Help Needed (1 Viewer)

colosus

HSC
My assessment task is due on 3 July and i need help, i have to pick from one of the following questions

1/ ALTERNATIVE FAMILY ARRANGEMENTS
* Explain the different alternative family arrangements that exist in Australia.

* Discuss the legal recognition given to people in same-sex relationships.

* Evaluate the effectiveness of the law in catering for alternative relationships.

2/ PARENTS AND CHILDREN

* Explain the significance of the Convention on the Rights of the Child to Australian law.

* Identify how the law protects the rights of a child born as a result of birth technologies.

* Evaluate the effectiveness of the law in protecting the rights of the child.

3/ PROBLEMS IN FAMILY RELATIONSHIPS

* Explain the main legal and non-legal responses available to victims of domestic violence.

* Describe how the legal system addresses the problems of children in trouble.

* Evaluate the effectiveness of the law in protecting victims of domestic violence.

4/ DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE

* Discuss how the Family Law Act 1975 (Cth) impacted on the dissolution of marriage

* Identify the changes introduced by the Family Law Reform Act 1995 (Cth)

* Evaluate the effectiveness of the law in dealing with the dissolution of marriage.

5/ THE FAMILY COURT OF AUSTRALIA

* Explain the function of the Family Court and why it was instigated.

* Identify how the law deals with the concept of parental responsibility when a relationship breaks down.

* Evalaute the effectiveness of the Family Court in dealing with family law matters.

Any help or notes/links would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Robert

kini mini

HSC
Try to get access to Halsbury's Laws of Australia . It has links to relevant commentary, legislation, and cases. Uni law libraries such as UNSW and USyd will let you join for a fee I think, and they have software and hard copy.

chip

HSC
i'd pick the first one which would be pretty ok for finding info....... for part two you can talk about the kevin and Jennifer case and how it overruled the corbett decison and the effectiveness part is just a lot of your judgment.....
same sex couples now have the same legal rights as married couples because of changes to the property relationships Act (there are a few exepemtions)
look at the family law court and if you the WA justice department has a few good articles about changing de defacto rights,........
hope that helps

lizzy1004

HSC
i think number 1 is the best way to go... theres more imformation on that then others try the heinnaman text book that had close detail good stuff... 'effectiveness' questions r soooooooo annoying+_+....h...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)