• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Favourite Travel agencies? (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Bit bored so umm yeah...

Well what is your favourite? The big names like Flight Centre or the typical local small business ones? And tell us which ones offer best prices and discounts.

:p

Peartie

HSC
I used flight centre to book my tickets - but i shopped around for quotes because they match the price then dock off a little bit more! So they ended up being the cheapest....when Im booking domestic flights or something though i usually just book it myself - no need 2 use travel agents!

amybaker1990

HSC
i dont think travel agents are really useful now.. unless you dont have the time or perhaps the iq to book things and learn about the destination urself.
i planned and booked my whole holiday to bali bymeyself.. it is not that hard.

Peartie

HSC
the only reason i used a travel agent is because sometimes (as in my case) you can actually get a cheaper flight but i agree....travel agents are a little outdated these days!

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
I used to use online booking via my credit card but ever since I became a victim of phishing, I stopped using anything online that has to do with credit. :(

Peartie

HSC
lol fair enough! thats one reason to use travel agencies i guess!

rwc

HSC
some asian places are much cheaper.. but
1. if your not asian they try to rip you off and therefore
2. you need to spend a good amount of time being as annoying as possible to get a cheap price. When I was flying to Istanbul I got the ticket price from 1,900 to 1,400 so my hassling was definitely worth it.

having said that, flight centre is usually the most helpful especially when your a student

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
flight centre is my favourite, my sister works for them and she gets it cheaper for me with no commission included.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
chicky_pie said:
I used to use online booking via my credit card but ever since I became a victim of phishing, I stopped using anything online that has to do with credit. :(
You don't have to bundle phishing trips with your flights when you book online ?? what are you talking about?

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
stazi said:
You don't have to bundle phishing trips with your flights when you book online ?? what are you talking about?

It happened between PayPal and Ebay not online flight tickets booking. :(

Don't you know what phishing is?

huh?

i'm lost now :eek:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
just use travel.com.au and ask flight centre to beat it. better service that way, plus you can.

Peartie

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
my favourite is using flight center to find the best flight, then booking it through the airline's website and not paying them a commission.
I went to do that but then realised that i still got a cheaper flight with Flight Centre - so yea....just check all your options...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)