Feedback on my opening for an upcoming assessment task? (1 Viewer)

IrLOL

HSC
Hello. We have an upcoming in-class assessment task on speeches. The question given to us is:

"Speeches are consciously designed to present particular ideas or values which seep into the audience’s consciousness and stay there."

Discuss this viewpoint in relation to the speaker’s exploration of political issues.

The catch with this task is that we can prepare in advance for the question, however one unknown speech will be played in class on the day and we must write about that speech in our response in addition to another speech that we have studied.

I have written an opening paragraph for this question and would like some feedback on my response:

"Composer’s consciously design their speeches to ensure that the ideas and values they present and explore have an impact on their target audience, one that continues to resonate in their consciousness beyond the speeches conclusion. Ensuring that their imparted ideals remain with their audience is an all the more pertinent concern when the ideas and values in question relate to topical and difficult political issues. Aung San Sui Kyi’s “Keynote address at the world conference on women” and Faith Bandler’s discourse at the Talking up Reconciliation Convention titled “Faith Hope and Reconciliation” both use conscious designs and various techniques, chosen with close consideration to the context of the speeches delivery and the intended audience, in order to ensure that their political message resonates into the future."

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)