few questions on med (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Haha TAFE doctors! :p

And Brendan Nelson hasn't done much to help the world.

Anyway, a Medical degree doesn't always lead to medical practice. As with any other qualification, the knowledge and skills are far more important than the destination - where you take them is entirely up to you.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
Lexicographer said:
Haha TAFE doctors! :p

And Brendan Nelson hasn't done much to help the world.

Anyway, a Medical degree doesn't always lead to medical practice. As with any other qualification, the knowledge and skills are far more important than the destination - where you take them is entirely up to you.
Tru and Tru
im now leaning towards UTS like u and do a combined med sci course with law or something like that.

Anywaz, i was wondering..... does anyone know how Aids is diagnosed??

scandal

HSC
AIDS - funny u ask that - we spent a good chunk of one of our previous modules studying HIV and AIDS. To answer your question, AIDS is usually diagnosed after 10 yrs of inital HIV infection - depending on how much treatment u have had. Its the progression to the next phase of the HIV infection. Its diagnosed with a CD4 count less than 200 (its a type of white blood cell) and the inset of opportunistic infection (infections which in healthy people dont cause any harm but cause huge infections in people with low white blood cell count) as well as a huge viral load (the number of viruses in the blood). Hope that helps.....

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
mr EaZy said:
Thanx guys, i reckon if u can be soo helpful to your patients as you have been in these threads....u'll make great doctors!!

Hey DeXtr+ , u say that your lecturers are post grad med sci students right?

well, do me a favour and ask them how much they get paid :)

i really wouldnt mind lecturing and doing research at the same time.
Thnx again!
my tutors not lecturers.. they are med sci PhD student.. mine atm is a biochemist doctorate.. and others are GP's.. the pay is the same as a GP about $88/hr :D

as i move up the years..they became more medical doctors

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Hey Nat, haven't seen you around for a while. Just paying a visit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)