• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Few questions (1 Viewer)

George121

HSC
What exactly is UTS like? For those who currently go there, would you say you actually enjoy it, and is it easy to get around/does the structure and positioning of everything (classes, cafeteria, bathrooms, etc.) appeal to you/motivate you?

What would it be like for someone who wants to do accounting as a major? Is UTS the perfect uni for accounting?

why/why not?

What would be a better uni to go to if UTS isn't the right one?

Please feel free to state your opinion (I will be applying for universities shortly after trials, so everything counts) on all the above questions, and please feel free to leave any additional information i should know when applying for UTS, or for any university; what i should do, what to look for, what i should expect (course wise and people wise,) why i should go there, etc.

Thank you in advance :)

EDIT: what is the ATAR requirement?

Last edited:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I do enjoy it and it is definitely easy to get around, not having campus grounds and stuff would probably make the atmosphere really different but i have nothing to compare it to. At UTS there is a B Acc program which is a scholarship for accounting, bassically 2 years at uni and 1 year work experience. If you can get into that i'd say it would be the perfect uni for accounting, you will have to look into that and apply very soon though. I believe they expect 95+ ATARs for that but that's not strict if you do well in interviews. I dont know a whole lot about Accounting so i cant say much more. The cutoff into the actual business course at the city campus was 93 this year but bonus points are available. The cutoffs at Usyd and UNSW are a little higher and on this forum you will probably see a lot of praise for those two unis regardless of what course it is, Macquarie has much lower cutoffs than UTS but their Commerce courses are good and most people would say are on par or maybe even better than UTS depending on who you ask. Also the Ku-rin-gai campus of UTS has a business cut off of low 80s and i believe you can do the lectures in the city anyway, all that would be required to transfer to city campus is an internal transfer and that should be really straight forward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)