• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Fifa 2005 (1 Viewer)

Ninga

HSC
I've got it on CD but...its not getting installed until after my exams. I've heard it was good. I've got madden 2005, nhl 2005 and tiger woods 2005 too. All on CD and not yet installed :)

V

vanbasten

I just can't wait for Pro Evolution Soccer 4 to come out.

T

timbk2

fark ur smart ninga. aha.

i installed straight after i got it. i have exams and assignments due in the next 1-2 weeks..

i cant stop playing it.. already into my 2nd season.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
3rd season for me...managing man utd atm....never lost a damn match... ^^

does anyone know how to sell off players?

T

timbk2

what level are you playing at?

sell off players? i havent tried... in 04, you can see which clubs want ur players or you could transfer list them or release them if you want.

so far in 05, i;ve had offers for my players.. havent looked into other ways to get rid of them

im with Sunderland in the championship.

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Pro Evo 4 is gonna be so muc better. Is it true that EA got their act together for this FIFA? Making it much better, and a closer second best to Pro Evo

SipSip

HSC
N/A
timbk2 said:
what level are you playing at?

sell off players? i havent tried... in 04, you can see which clubs want ur players or you could transfer list them or release them if you want.

so far in 05, i;ve had offers for my players.. havent looked into other ways to get rid of them

im with Sunderland in the championship.
Playing at pro level why?
sometimes...semi-pro when i was a division two team against man utd or something

but now that i'm in man utd...pro...

Bone577

HSC
N/A
reno2004 said:
Pro Evo 4 is gonna be so muc better. Is it true that EA got their act together for this FIFA? Making it much better, and a closer second best to Pro Evo

Very true, FIFA were soo far behind before. Now they are trailing by only 10% (83% FIFA 2005 vs 93% Pro Evo Soccer 4, both according to Gamrankings.com).

If you like football, do yourself a favour and get Pro Evo 3 or 4, you will thank me.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
mack said:
Does Pro Evo 4 have actual player names?
Half-half. I haven't played it yet, but PES2 had almost all european names correct. The club team names are incorrect in PES2. I heard that PES4 has most club teams correct and even more player names correct.

This is fixable though, it has extensive edit features to get around this. If you have a sharkport or other PS2-PC interface there is a downloadable patch to do it all for you. If you have PC it is even easier. Relatively cheap patch disks are purchasable to overcome this aswell, they shouldn't be very expensive. I also wouldn't be surprised if a PS2 mag put a saved option file on there DVD to do it for you aswell.

If getting a patch disk sounds expensive to you, then get PES3 for $50 dollars, with the saved money the purchase is easy. PES4 doesn't completely replace PES3, which is still a fantastic game in its own right, just less realistic and some say more fun.

But even if you don't change any of it, it is still a small price to pay considering just how much better (more realistic) than FIFA the game is. Thoughtful play is required, you can't just launch screamers from outside the box all the time ala-FIFA.

Words cannot express how satisfying it is to build up your club team. Or laying that cm-perfect cross from Veron onto the far post to be headed in by Nistlerooy, or a fast counter-attack from Carlos, crossed in to Shevchenko who promptly does a 1-2 with Vieri cutting throught the defences for a chip over the keeper into goals.

Sporting perfection.

Ninga

HSC
So i finally installed fifa2005 today. Not too bad. But, i haven't played much fifa since the 2001 days :) Im old school. Anyone want to give me a heads up on the keys? Like headers, stuff like that, making runs, even free kicks i have not much of an idea of how to do. No, i will get pro evo another time. Right now its fifa time :) Cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)