File conversion? (1 Viewer)

hApPy1

HSC
Hey dudes- didnt know where i could post this inquiry but hopefull this isnt too hard a task anyhoo :p I've been having trouble with this 4 a while and should have bought it up earlier- when i go to download a PDF file it goes to word (as expected) 'scans for virus' then opens a box called "file conversion" where my document is in some obscure language and i cant change it to english coz it aint an option! arrrrrrrrgggg.....

Yes,the story of my life.....plz help if u can-thanx

ps. i really hope i've posted in the right place...

\'OrribleCabbage

Mmmm.... Cabbagy...
HSC
As far as I know, Word can't read PDF files and thus tries to convert them (unsuccessfully). Get the (free) Adobe Acrobat Reader (google it). That is the best thing for reading PDFs.

hApPy1

HSC
Thanx for that ppl- i didnt really think of that as i typed in help for file conversion b4 and it said nothing about downloading acrobat...maybe theres file conversions for other types of documents- anyhoo, its downloading now and its started a new window downloading "Acrobat manager"....do i really need that...its gonna be 2hrs and 45 minutes!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
id just let it download and do its thing, dont try to delete things that its downloading because it could be something it needs. 2 hours and 45 minutes isnt very long and itll be worth it, no more jibberish word documents!

hApPy1

HSC
arrrgggg- i waited the 2 hours, it downloaded and yet- it still come sup with the friken file converson when i download PDF Files- anyone got any idea whats wrong with this?

Pace_T

HSC
Ask on a computer tech forum. I personally ask on www.whirlpool.net.au they will answer all your computer related problems in a jiffy, no doubt :D

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
hApPy1 said:
arrrgggg- i waited the 2 hours, it downloaded and yet- it still come sup with the friken file converson when i download PDF Files- anyone got any idea whats wrong with this?
yeah im confused, how are you opening it? like are you just clicking the link or whatever? maybe theres something in acrobat u have to turn on...
i really have no idea, like pace t said.. ask in the computer help forum

hApPy1

HSC
Thanx heaps Pace T! i'll definately check it out

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
hApPy1 said:
Try opening acrobe reader first and selecting File->Open from there.. hope it works..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)