• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

financial assistance whatnot (1 Viewer)

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i recieve centrelink payments and im 18 living at home

question is do i recieve any other financial assistance from centrlink for being a uni student and does uts offer any help itself in relation to transport, hecs, food...anything that invovles money basically- what are my entitlements??

i want to settle into uni first before i get a job, can anyone fill in the blanks for me?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
while we are on the subject i got a question.
i am 19 living at home , both parents who work. and gonna study fulltime later in the year, am i allowed a centerlink payment>?
i heard that yuor parents income has to be low, is that true?

alien

HSC
SashatheMan said:
while we are on the subject i got a question.
i am 19 living at home , both parents who work. and gonna study fulltime later in the year, am i allowed a centerlink payment>?
i heard that yuor parents income has to be low, is that true?
yeah it is true, i couldn't get payments cos my dad earns too much but now my parents separated so i can, i just haven't been bothered to do it. they calculate it on your income and your parents that you live with. i think the threshold is something like 28 thou, so chances are you won't be eligible.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
28k? they serious. well if my parents get more cant i say they are stingy and dont support me/ feed me, and i have to get money on my own?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)