• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

First EE2 class today! (1 Viewer)

taxman

make poverty
HSC
HAHA! My school gave in and allowed me to do EE2, and so far it's awesome. I was so psyched to actually begin after a good three months of campaigning that I didn't even realise that we don't get to start our MW's until next year! ARGH! I've got my ideas all sorted out and now I have to do a whole term of research and I don't even get to start properly for yonks.

I'll be over there....sobbing like a bitch.

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
there aren't any hard-and-fast rules for ext2, that whole 'research for a term' thing is probably more relevant for highly conceptual pieces, or perhaps for an unfamiliar medium.

what medium are you doing?

you could start now really, get your ideas down, that way you'll have more time to change your mind/edit/expand. the best thing to do would be to write something now, leave it for a month or so, and THEN see how you feel about it. yes. big shock. it hurt for me. it really did.

my point is lost; just don't feel like there are any restrictions on you. write, and if you have to hide it from your teacher until next term, well then... that's the way the cookie crumbles.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
heaps of people start in term 4, it's all good :cool:

congrats on your school not being fucknuts : )

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Follow fuckfoot's advice! Seriously, write as much as you can right now (especially since you've already got your idea), and then come back to it after a bit - maybe don't write anything over the summer holidays or something (still do research and stuff though) and see what needs changing.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
yeah!! heck, what everyone else said. Just write, and if necessary, hide it from your teacher.

Be sure to spend some time putting all your ideas in your journal though so that you can demonstrate the creative process. Because without your journal, you don't have an internal assessment mark or rather, no way of certifying the work as yours.

Good luck!

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
You go Taxman, have your major work finished by the end of the first term, (or the end of the fourth term, they won't know), and then you can spend ages perfecting it, and relaxing back, sipping coke (or something a little stronger) and laughing at all those lazy bastards who leave it to the last minute.

You certainly have the passion for it, I'll give you that. :p

HSC
N/A
I'll take the opportunity to comment then. Here's something completely random.

Miffle.

J

jhakka

As has been said above, write as much as you want. Even if your work has heaps of holes that can be filled with research, those can be filled in later drafts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)