First Place in Course List (1 Viewer)

wendybird

HSC
^ HA!

Hello there!

I didn't get to eat a thing, and the damn croissants were all gone by the time I actually got to the tables.

tinamatouk

HSC
i dont think they contact u or anything, last year they just sent us the medal and certificate in the mail like a few months later lol... u'll know at 6am anyway if u get 10 units top band haha
gd luck everyone =]

what if you get band 6 in 9 units? and band 5 in the last 2 units?
i really hope there is something! lol

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
And even if you get band 6 in 10 units but you completed some of the units in different years (e.g. if you accelerated, or just if you split your HSC over 2 or more years), they don't even count that as 10 units of band 6, because they have to all be in the same year.
That is not true. They do count across years.

The only exception is if someone accelerates in 2 unit maths and takes up Extension 1 and Extension 2 maths the following year, in which case 2 unit maths is ignored altogether.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
I think Gosford killed this year in terms of top in the state.

Physics, Engineering Studies, French...

HAHA my brother might have a chance at Engineering & Physics in years to come if he kills these subjects as always!
gosford got 3 last year too :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
LOL.

I came equal first in music 1 - its like coming first in standard english or general maths. pretty shameful really haha.
Myself and the other music 1 guy went out into the lobby and thought "nup, the media isn't going to give a shit"

haha. they really didn't. They were all interested the more academic subjects, and anyone with a palatable backstory. congrats to everyone though. there were some amazing acheivers at the awards ceremony.

oh, and the salad rolls WERE very delicious.
Nah, man. Regardless of what that subject is, coming first in the state requires HARD WORK, NATURAL TALENT AND LITTLE BIT OF LUCK.

You deserved it from what I see. Congratulation, once again.

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
wait, is the top achievers in course list coming out this afternoon, or tomorrow afternoon?

emilyjansen

HSC
Lmao:
Jordan
did you meet any evil BOS reps?

Ben
The head himself, evil incarnate. I contemplated assassination, but I knew another would just rise to take his place...

Edit: we were joking by the way...
ha ha ha. That is so Ben...

Inevitable post to come...

thebrightside

HSC
Yeah I got that, I was just defending my school lol.
I just looked up the rankings, we were 143 last year, and before that variously in the top 150 or top 100 each year.

The best part is we always beat arch-rivals Oxley College, sometimes by up to 60 places :D
Not this year you didn't :D

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
lol wtf. i just discovered that my neighbour got first place in a course.... she must of accelerated it because shes only in year 11.

small world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)