first week of s2 (1 Viewer)

Pace_T

HSC
hi everyone
do we go to the tutorials in the first week of semester 2? or do we just go to lectures? thanx

volition

arr.
HSC
I think just lectures. The info would probably be in the course outline. eg. it might say "tutorial programs (weeks 2-14)"

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
All maths other than math1081 and some 3rd year ones have no tutes first week.

elfm

HSC
you usually wouldn't have any tutes on week 1 because quite simply there isn't anything to cover

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Yeah, maths doesn't, but I'm pretty sure that education had a tut in the first week last term, simply to sign up for a speech topic.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Hey - what's the deal with maths laboratories? Do we go to them in the first week?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
The chemistry people sent me a threatening email telling me to change labs, because the one that I was in was discontinued. It's all good now though.

<_<
>_>
<_<

maths have labs?
Supposedly...

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
That's the question I wanna know the answer to. You'd think they would have emailed us with that instead of some long winded garbage about changing their name.

gman03

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Supposedly...
Thank god finally someone posts a timetable neither as Word nor JPEG file. Awesome dude.

Maths lab..... probably just Maple ?

You should just go and have a look. Waking up 3 hours earlier is no big deal anyway.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
On the topic of that email, I can't seem to get into the math thingo on vista. What a retarded university.

And yeah, I'll go along and see if any other lost people turn up with no clue as to what's going on.

G

Gavvvvvin

Fuck that maths lecturuer had no personality whatsoever. And were those jokes on that stupid survey supposed to be funny? The only thing funny about that survey is the fact that hes probably gonna spend hours putting all that data into a computer.

Anyone know if you actually do stuff in the first bio lab?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Last session, we got a 10 minute speech on safety and we were then let out to roam free in the UNSW grounds.

As for maths (for those wanting closure on my story):

The labs are lab tutes, once a week in addition to the other tutes.
There are obviously no lab tutes in first week.
I didn't mind the statistics questionaire, nor the lecturer. I've had lecturers in one session of university that have the charisma of a thimble, and this guy doesn't fall into that category.
One joke was funny in a very lame way;

What do you call something that lies at the bottom of the ocean and twitches? A nervous wreck! OH OH OH OH HO! 10/10 from me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)