• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Floorball (1 Viewer)

Igor

HSC
N/A
Anyone else play???

the greatest sport in the country at the moment (if you disagree then your wrong) and not enough people play.

www.floorballaustralia.org

check it out and find out what I'm obsessed by

Igor

HSC
N/A
guess what?? your wrong

yeah... aus is bad at soccer... but not as bad as Uzbekistan,.. last time i looked anyway.

floorball is cool. play it.

currently we have a mens team in the world championships (not doing great... but we have no federal funding) played in Switzerland.

they're in group b- hopefully they'll stay there and not drop down to group c.

Vampire

KOLLARZUP!!
HSC
omg - floorball would have to be the least popular sport in the whole of Australia. Our school won the national school championships or something and half the team still dont know the rules - lol.
You're better off playing a different sport.

Vampire

KOLLARZUP!!
HSC
It's basically a whoosy game of ice hockey - good for small children who's parents think it is too dangerous to play ice hockey

Igor

HSC
N/A
HAH is all i have to say.

my thumb got broken in two places in one game. we had ice hockey people play for a bit. and i used to play ice hockey, but floorball is more fun.

only the kiddies play gentle. we (biggies) play rough.

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Vampire said:
omg - floorball would have to be the least popular sport in the whole of Australia. Our school won the national school championships or something and half the team still dont know the rules - lol.
You're better off playing a different sport.
How the hell did our school manage to do that? Must be that the rest of Australian teenagers are absolutely crap at floorball.

Seems to be one of these sports that a country invents just to be the World No. 1. Sort of like whoever the hell invented the sport of Ultimate Frisbee.

Igor

HSC
N/A
nah, floorball's been running for about 20 yers in Scandinavia, it's the fastest growing sport in Europe. as for the teens in aus being crap at the game, not true. the people who play generally don't have a lot of money. one of the guys who went to the world champs this year had to borrow all the money for the trip and money to buy his own equipment. in the last womens world champs one of the girls was asked to stay in europe and play proffensionally.

we're not the best in the world, but we're getting better.

Igor

HSC
N/A
so do you play any sports???

i like floorball. it's fun. so stfuyw

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Igor said:
HAH is all i have to say.

my thumb got broken in two places in one game. we had ice hockey people play for a bit. and i used to play ice hockey, but floorball is more fun.

only the kiddies play gentle. we (biggies) play rough.
quote from website

The game is simple: the object is to score a goal in the opponent`s goal using the Floorball stick. No physical contact is allowed and players may not raise their sticks above their waists. Floorball has been called a thinking man´s game, with skill and technique more important than brute strength or intimidation.

Igor

HSC
N/A
yeah, that's what the site says. physical contact IS allowed, as long as its non-agressive. it's note really a "thinking mans game" either, not any more than normal hockey is anyway. skill and techniques are more important, but we still play rough.

Aussies play mroe rough than people from some other countries I've seen, except the Chezchs. there's a team in sydney i play against and their pretty brutal.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
mmm looks interesting enough.. I've seen people who play it though I never knew what they were playing :rolleyes: ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)