for those who got 99+ what did your study pattern look like (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
This is all contextual, for someone else they'll say X and someone else they'll say Y, this is purely my opinion;

I only enjoyed year 12 because I made year 12 a year where I'd kick back and enjoy as a result of my efforts in year 11. If you haven't taken Year 11 seriously or you're not already ahead, I'd urge you focus more on studying.

Do I miss high school? Yes and no:

Do I miss chilling with my friends? Yes.
Do I miss having dickhead teachers? No.
Do I miss the experience of trolling said dickhead teachers with my friends and proving them wrong? No.
Did I enjoy it? Yes.
Did I miss good teachers? Yes

Did I enjoy the HSC? 100%
Does that I mean I would retake it? Never in a million years. Ask me in my next life.

Pretty much its just being nostalgic/happy the experience has happy and reminiscing over it rather than wanting/missing it. In fact this is what hypes me up more for university since its a different feel, experience, lifestyle. It feels refreshing.

------------------------

I will say one thing for sure, the fun you have in year 12 will def be different to the fun you have in uni. I'm new to uni (3rd week) and the "fun" of it really comes from its flexibility, independence, exploring the city + campus w/ ur friends and so on..

(Shout out to this idiot @temporarylol for making us run around a city for 2 hrs and getting drenched for PIZZA.)

If you decide to stay in your room 24/7, try to dip school, ignore making friends in HS - then yes, I'd say you'll have that feeling of "Fuck, maybe that extra X ATAR points I sacrificed my 2 years for wasn't worth not having a group of friends" when you don't have people to chill with after the HSC.
i absolutely do not want to go to uni
i wanna live the rest of my life in year 12

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
That's literally whats going on with me. Thankfully 2 of my friends are at least in the same uni as me but they're doing different degrees which is a bummer. The worst thing is one does a degree same as one of mines (comp sci) and isn't doing the same T1 courses.

And unlike HS, you only meet the ppl in your cohort for a term and then its up to them to decide whether to do the same course in the same term/tutorial etc. basically if they're doing different degrees then its harder to meet them again in class. You can obv make acquaintances but you're not gonna have that same environment like in HS if u get what i mean, like ur friends rock up to class with u every week for 2 yrs, then yadda yadda etc. Not complaining, just something new I've realised.

Literally the only possible way to have like a group of friends together in most of your courses/classes is to have ppl doing identical degrees xD and hope they don't switch.
True then also having to all do the same tutes as well is tough

random q: do u miss high school and year 12? just wondering (bc i feel like i will regret not having as much fun in y12 when i'm in uni)
I miss some parts and don't miss other parts.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
am i the ONLY person that actually likes year 12??
i just love school and ive known everyone for too long to just let everyone go randomly at the end of this year it feels so weird :/
Yes, but all good things must come to an end.

Would you rather have your favourite show come to a halt but at least at the end of the day say that "Damn that was good" and reminisce about the show OR would you have your favourite show milked for money where it becomes dogshit to a point it ruined your initial experience.

I feel the same way when I think about HS. Like damn I'll never have those moments with my bros. In fact now you asked this question I'm actually feeling a bit sad, but at the same time I'm optimistic for the future because I've made my future in high school - I put in the effort, reached my goals and now I'm feeling the reward of my effort.

You've still got a "long way" to go, in the moment it'll feel like ages until the HSC but by the end you'll be wondering how time went by so fast. And so do I :^)

hscgirl

HSC
am i the ONLY person that actually likes year 12??
i just love school and ive known everyone for too long to just let everyone go randomly at the end of this year it feels so weird :/
that's so true tho, i moved schools this year and i actually miss my friends from my old school so much - it's so weird just 'randomly' letting them go

pogchampion

HSC
random q: do u miss high school and year 12? just wondering (bc i feel like i will regret not having as much fun in y12 when i'm in uni)
To be honest, I liked every year of high school except for year 12 because in year 12 I put too much effort into my academics. Looking back, years 7 to 11 were really great because it was more of a social experience than anything else. I also believe that high school is an identity-forming experience as you are given so many opportunities to catch onto and so much free time to invest.

That being said, in year 12 I cut down on extracurriculars to study more. I enjoyed year 12 until close to trails because the environment became stressful. Through this experience, I think that most people will come to experience struggle in year 12 and so I think that you might as well put 100% of your effort from the very beginning of year 12 (since the rest of the cohort will begin to stress later on anyway).

Regarding uni, it's so weird to not see my friends as often as I did before. In high school, it is normal see your friends everyday but in university you might only get to see them for about 2 or 3 hours every second day due to different timetables and commitments. Your close friend group might decrease in size, and arguably its composition could change to be populated with a larger proportion of people doing the same degree as you. In university, you will meet a lot of people, like maybe 400 in your first trimester depending on what you are involved in, but its harder to become close friends with them (at least for me).

hscgirl

HSC
but its harder to become close friends with them (at least for me).
yeah i agree - based on the ppl that i know in uni and from what i've heard, it seems much easier to make closer friends in uni if u live on campus

pogchampion

HSC
yeah i agree - based on the ppl that i know in uni and from what i've heard, it seems much easier to make closer friends in uni if u live on campus
Yeah I 100% agree. Living on campus sounds like a dream. A good portion of the COOP cohort lives on campus because we get a one-time discount and a number of the COOPs are also interstate students. Apparently the day-to-day experience of living on campus is like being on one of the faculty camps (such as CSEcamp for example) - they have dinner together and numerous bonding events. Unfortunately it doesn't make financial sense for me to live on campus because I don't live far away, but if it does for you then it's definitely something to look forward to :).

The fact that your classes change each trimester is enough to make it hard to make close friends. Also, lots of people (including me) don't turn up in person after the first few weeks since online is a lot more time-effective. Obviously this is pretty bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)