[Foreign Student Fourth grade in law] UNSW ou univeristy of sydney ? (1 Viewer)

asthenose

HSC
Hey guys, I'm a foreign student and I've never been in Asutralia, that's why this year I decided to follow my courses in law in Sydney. Currently I'm going to pass my Licence in law (= 3 years of law studies after the bachelor degree) so I will be in sydney for my fourth grade in law. Two universities are offered to me : UNSW or University of sydney.
I want to enjoy the sydney student life as best as possible, I worked hard to be elligible to those student exchanges so now I wouldn't like to have the same rythm of work as at home (I've been working everyday for an average of more than 10hours a day these last three months...)

So please, could you tell me wich one of these two universities are the best ? What are the advantages or disadvantages of each one ?

Especialy, I want to compare :
- The quality of courses : Do they give understable courses for a foreign student ?
- The level (easy or hard) of courses, how many time do we have to study a week in average ?
- The way teachers examine and score you : Can you bring courses or books during the exams or do we need to know each sentence "by earth" ? Do teachers give good marks easily ? (At home they don't, they consider that 15/20 is the best mark possible and they dont hesitate do score 2/20 or 3/20...)
- The efficiency of the administration (it can't be as awfull as in my univ)
- The sport accomodations provided for students (It's important for me)
- The quality of the student life for foreign student (Is there many cool events organised ?
- The accessibility of the university, how long does it take to reach the university from the center of Sydney ? Can we use bike ?
- The quality of the food in the campus ?

One specific thing, in my city, there is to law universities and people comportment is very different in each of them. In one they are quite self suffisant, alway wear smart clothes and a used to work a lot. In the other one people a more nature, do judge to much one the apparence and more openminded but don't work as much as student in the first one. Can we make such comparaison between students of these two universities of sydney ? Maybe there is a difference of average age ? The ratio girl/men or Australian/foreigners ?

To finish, I would like to take a private accomodation in Sydney, If possible, with a roomate ? What is the best plan to do so ?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
See this for our sporting facilities: http://www.susf.com.au/

We have many clubs and societies on campus so that's always a great place to find events pertaining to particular interests. Similarly, there are often university-wide events which are difficult to not take notice of.

Biking to campus from the CBD is certainly doable. Just make sure you look out for traffic. Sydneysiders aren't generally fond of cyclists so be extra careful.

In Australia, we don't place a big emphasis on appearance, especially at university. Don't worry about self presentation too much.

Try this website to find accomodation: http://sydney.gumtree.com.au/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)