• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Forensics course? (1 Viewer)

aliasfan

HSC
hey i was just wondering if anyone is doing or thinking of doing the forensics courses at hawkesbury uws? any info would be great! :)

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Not at Hawksburry!

But, I'm REALLY interested in forensic science :uhhuh:

d_elmo

HSC
hey :) im doing forensic science at hawkesbury.

its pretty alright, at the moment (first semester) we have four units - chemistry, biology and digital forensic photography, and then an elective (i do physics). At the moment the course is still pretty general, the units arent very course specific yet but it is interesting all the same.

any questions... ask away

aliasfan

HSC
Hey

Hey d elmo, so is it a hard course? and how many people do it? Was it hard to get into? see i heard there aint many jobs offered for it so i dont wanna waste 4 years... so did u just finish ur HSC? anyway sorry for all the questions any info would be great... THanks!!

d_elmo

HSC
its not really that hard, there arent many assessments so far (they are only starting to kick in now) if you have done chemistry/bio before it would help (i didnt do bio in HSC)

theres about 60 people that started this year, by hard to get into i assume you mean the UAI, i think it dropped down to about 83 or 85 this year. In terms of jobs im not sure, but it depends whether you want to go with the police, or with a private investigator, there are a few private forensics services you could look into.

The course is only 3 years, if its not what you thought it would be, you can apply for a transfer. If you like the course but are worried that there arent many jobs (like i was) keep an open mind and remember that you dont necessarily have to stick to forensic investigation once you have the degree.

and for the last question, yes i did my HSC last year :)

d_elmo

HSC
its alright if u havent done chem, it says its assumed knowledge but they start by teaching you what an atom is and go from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)