• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

forking out (2 Viewers)

Who pays?

• guy

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • girl

Votes: 1 2.2%

Votes: 32 69.6%

• Total voters

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
the guy cause im old fashion....but not for every lil thing, i dont have unlimited money to pay for everything over the whole relationship

Jezzabelle

the guys i date are gentlemen, older and always pay without a second thought.

but in return i love buying little spontaneous gifts for my guy.

so the spending weighs out i guess :)

django_

HSC
my bf pretty much pays for evrything...i didnt know wen we started going out, but he has sooo much saved..rich relo's overseas send him money n shit, plus wen he used to work...i buy lunch but most times he doesnt let me lol which is sweet..but now i got a job!! woohooo!! so i can pay for him n buy him stuff hehe :D

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
my bf used to pay for everything.. now its kinda equall

he usually pays more than me.. i dun have a job :(

HSC
i think it's more equal than anything.

sometimes he pays for things, but i always seem to feel bad and pay him back
and then when he doesn't have any money left i end up paying/buying him whatever he wanted.

hrmm... seems like i'm the one spending more money on him....

oh well, step one to breaking down the ingrained values of a patriarchal society.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I've never felt the need to pay. Sometimes we'll shout each other lunch or drinks, but that's about it.

santaslayer

HSC
Asquithian said:
You are turning out to be a stupid forum member...cos you know older guys are gentleman (its not like they onlydate younger girls because the girls of their own age group wont touch them with a 10 foot pole. Or that younger girls are easier to manipulate becasue alot fo girls have this love of older guys. Guys know this they exploit it.

You also seem to assume that girls shoudlnt have to pay for anything. I mean i pay sometimes and my gf pays sometimes...wel l ok she pays most of the time but she doesnt mind...the point is it is stupid that there is an unwirrten rule that guys have to pay. It is also oh so old fashioned in that the only reason a guy paid in the old days was because women had no money because they were pregnant and uneducated at home and were not encouraged to win bread)

And why does love have to be associated by buying MATERIAL THINGS... how sad)
hmmm... i agree...

older people do tend to have other intentions .....better be careful. :p

Jezzabelle

Asquithian said:
You are turning out to be a stupid forum member...cos you know older guys are gentleman (its not like they onlydate younger girls because the girls of their own age group wont touch them with a 10 foot pole. Or that younger girls are easier to manipulate becasue alot fo girls have this love of older guys. Guys know this they exploit it.

You also seem to assume that girls shoudlnt have to pay for anything. I mean i pay sometimes and my gf pays sometimes...wel l ok she pays most of the time but she doesnt mind...the point is it is stupid that there is an unwirrten rule that guys have to pay. It is also oh so old fashioned in that the only reason a guy paid in the old days was because women had no money because they were pregnant and uneducated at home and were not encouraged to win bread)

i like older guys cos i can carry a mature conversation with them about current affairs, real estate and politics. Also because they are ambitious and know wat they want.

I never said the guy always has to pay, it just happens, usually the guy refuses to let me pay...

S

Shuter

jezzabelle86 said:
i like older guys cos i can carry a mature conversation with them about current affairs, real estate and politics. Also because they are ambitious and know wat they want.
*cough* From forum posts like these we've seen your actual level of maturity. It's more like these guys will actually pretend to listen and make up intelligent conversation just to give you what you want to hear and try to get you in bed. Also they have money.

Jezzabelle

Shuter said:
*cough* From forum posts like these we've seen your actual level of maturity. It's more like these guys will actually pretend to listen and make up intelligent conversation just to give you what you want to hear and try to get you in bed. Also they have money.
no guy has ever tried to get me into bed because before i go out with them i make sure they respect my decision to save sex for marriage...

(yes i know the ladder theory... but i choose to ignore it cos i havent experienced it thankyou)

SipSip

HSC
N/A
I don't think it's just boyfriend and girlfriend...but more like the guy will usually pay, it's just a natural..

I feel weird if girls pay...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
My bf and I share. WHatever seems natural for us. He pays for my ticket at the movies, I buy him lunch etc, it's so very natural.

Men arent made of money!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
jezzabelle86 said:

I never said the guy always has to pay, it just happens, usually the guy refuses to let me pay...
You talk in a language shrouded by materialism. Where's KeypadSDM? He'd have a word for this...

P.S. You don't need an older guy to talk about politics/current affairs/whatever, I'm a younger guy who has had large success with older women because I'm smart and can discuss these sort of things. So your point about older must mean socially aware doesn't stick and once again we're left with money as being the only key factor!

---
My attitude is that you pay for what you consume. So it's going to be more or less equal. The net amount spent on each other shouldn't really be more than $0.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Asquithian said:

i'm a chick..but i so agree..share!! i don't expect any guy i go out with to pay for everything..especially because there's no way i could pay for everything lol..

edit: notice how NO ONE has voted that the girl should pay..

Last edited:

Jezzabelle

i do pay!!
.. geez i've payed for dinner for both of us on first dates before
and i always like to share my money, always shout other people drinks, and petrol and things...

i was just saying most guys still think they should pay

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
All of the other guys I've gone out with have always insisted on paying, and ii hate it cos it makes you feel like you owe something id heaps prefer if it was just equal.
But most of the guys I went out with were arseholes, so I recently decided it was just the cover charge of being an arsehole/

Jase

HSC
Well.. guys shout each other quite alot, so it should be no different with a gf. Screw patriachal society and gender constructs. paying for everything makes the guy or girl very uncomfortable because you can definately sense the guilt or tension or .. a kind of reverse-guilt coming from the significant other.

this should be the tree of mutual spending:
$20 or less = shout
$20-50 = split
$50-100 = eat somewhere cheaper

Special occasions and rich people need to refer to a different tree.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Ziff said:
P.S. You don't need an older guy to talk about politics/current affairs/whatever, I'm a younger guy who has had large success with older women because I'm smart and can discuss these sort of things.
Watch out man, you're going to make cherry jealous :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)