• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Frankenrunner ideas (1 Viewer)

Meshy590

HSC
Hey guys,

In my essay, for one of my points, I am discussing the 'consequences of immoral science'
consequences i can think of are:
FS: effects on Victor himself resulting in his realisation, detachment from the environment...
BR: extreme damage to the environment, loss of morality...

I am getting a bit confused, as my 2nd paragraph focuses on 'What makes us human'...and some of the ideas and stuff interrelate...

Could anyone suggest anything else??

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys,

In my essay, for one of my points, I am discussing the 'consequences of immoral science'
consequences i can think of are:
FS: effects on Victor himself resulting in his realisation, detachment from the environment...
BR: extreme damage to the environment, loss of morality...

I am getting a bit confused, as my 2nd paragraph focuses on 'What makes us human'...and some of the ideas and stuff interrelate...

Could anyone suggest anything else??
This means you're doing it right. Remember, your points should NOT be "consequences of immoral science", they SHOULD be: "<The core of the module A rubric is demonstrated through the exploration of> "consequences of immoral science". "consequences of immoral science" discussed on its own will put you in a C-Range.

Would be happy to sell you my Mod A Frankenrunner essay (Straight full marks throughout). Email me if interested.

Regards,
S

SanjoyM

HSC
I'm just doing 3 overarching ideas:
1 "Science and Creation"
2 "Humanity"
3 "Nature" - however, this point can easily be tied in with above 3 ideas...
So, do you guys it is best to do 2?

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm just doing 3 overarching ideas:
1 "Science and Creation"
2 "Humanity"
3 "Nature" - however, this point can easily be tied in with above 3 ideas...
So, do you guys it is best to do 2?
One cannot answer this question. It depends on whether you're able to write a cohesively structured essay using however many 'ideas' you choose.

SanjoyM

HSC
One cannot answer this question. It depends on whether you're able to write a cohesively structured essay using however many 'ideas' you choose.
Well, I receieved 18.5/20 (2 markers marked it)..
I really want a 20/20 for Mod A as I loved Frankenstein!!
Not sure if that hindered my essay.
How many did you do?

My teacher's recommendation was "Fix up the paragraph on nature..." - quite unclear as to what I should edit.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Well, I receieved 18.5/20 (2 markers marked it)..
I really want a 20/20 for Mod A as I loved Frankenstein!!

Not sure if that hindered my essay.
How many did you do?

My teacher's recommendation was "Fix up the paragraph on nature..." - quite unclear as to what I should edit.
Which school do you go to? Internal marks mean nothing until I can confirm the competency of your faculty. I've marked essays where teachers have been giving 18-19/20 in school, which I swear wouldn't get a C-range in the HSC. Careful!

SanjoyM

HSC
Which school do you go to? Internal marks mean nothing until I can confirm the competency of your faculty. I've marked essays where teachers have been giving 18-19/20 in school, which I swear wouldn't get a C-range in the HSC. Careful!
Well, I also go to tutoring and have seeked advice from experienced HSC markers, who have awarded me the same mark, if not more.
I go to Parramatta High School. I know its not the best school, but the teachers are quite competent as most of them are HSC markers for Advanced and Extension English.

My tutor, who attained a state ranking in 2010 for Adv, Ext1 and Ext2 English has also been awarding me HighB-highA marks.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Well, I also go to tutoring and have seeked advice from experienced HSC markers, who have awarded me the same mark, if not more.
I go to Parramatta High School. I know its not the best school, but the teachers are quite competent as most of them are HSC markers for Advanced and Extension English.

My tutor, who attained a state ranking in 2010 for Adv, Ext1 and Ext2 English has also been awarding me HighB-highA marks.

(Was just giving you the heads up, such defensiveness was unwarranted).

SanjoyM

HSC

(Was just giving you the heads up, such defensiveness was unwarranted).
LOL, I was just merely explaining and justifying my mark...
What's up with you and pictures lol?
We're studying speeches atm and honestly speaking, I do not like the topic. The only speech I liked was Margaret Atwood's "Spotty-Handed Villainesses".... I wish I could do Hamlet. Hey, could I send you my Hamlet essay which I attempted to see if my level is actually in the high A range?

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL, I was just merely explaining and justifying my mark...
What's up with you and pictures lol?
We're studying speeches atm and honestly speaking, I do not like the topic. The only speech I liked was Margaret Atwood's "Spotty-Handed Villainesses".... I wish I could do Hamlet. Hey, could I send you my Hamlet essay which I attempted to see if my level is actually in the high A range?
Send me an email.

SanjoyM

HSC
Send me an email.
However, please bear in mind that this was my first attempt. lol I have sent you an email. If you could just quickly look over and award me a mark, that would be great!
Otherwise, I would be paranoid and would not be able to sleep. LOL

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad

OMG, Madeleine's your tutor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)