French Gurus (1 Viewer)

drsabz101

HSC
N/A
Bonjour!

Guys I need help wriritng a french profile about myself. I haven't had my first phone lesson yet (it is tomorrow), but I need this completed so...

Things I already know how to say are, my name, age, where I live.

What I would like to include is what subjects I am studying ( phys,chem,adv english, 3 unit maths) and that I am learning french but am only a begginner.

Also a description of myself is required (short, long brown hair)

I have been trying to search this stuff up, but I keep coming across different ways this is spelt. All help is appreciated!

Last edited:
HSC
J'apprends la physique, la chimie, l'anglais avancé et les maths de 3 unités. J'apprends aussi le français mais je ne suis qu'un débutante. (Note: We're both girls so we need the "e" at the end. Guys don't. With the "e", the "t" is pronounced, but without the "e" then the "t" is silent.)
Je suis petite et j'ai les cheveux longs et bruns.

It's probably not perfect, but I hope I helped! I'm not sure about the parts that I underlined. FYI, we're pretty much doing the same subjects :wavey: except I'm also doing French Continuers and Japanese Continuers. Even the physical description is similar. How weird is that?! :blink2:

Last edited:

crowley926

HSC
J'apprends la physique, la chimie, l'anglais avancé et les maths de 3 unités. J'apprends aussi le français mais je ne suis qu'un débutante. (Note: We're both girls so we need the "e" at the end. Guys don't. With the "e", the "t" is pronounced, but without the "e" then the "t" is silent.)
With the underlined parts, I think just leave it as "l'anglais et les maths (ou mathématiques)" w/o the "avancés" or "3 unites". I tried to express similar things to my teacher and she said to just leave it because it sounds unnatural.

Also, j'étudie; je prends; mes matieres (note the first 'e' has a grave accent just ceebs doing it) sont...; are other good phrases you could use in addition to "j'apprends (ces sujets)"

HSC
With the underlined parts, I think just leave it as "l'anglais et les maths (ou mathématiques)" w/o the "avancés" or "3 unites". I tried to express similar things to my teacher and she said to just leave it because it sounds unnatural.

Also, j'étudie; je prends; mes matieres (note the first 'e' has a grave accent just ceebs doing it) sont...; are other good phrases you could use in addition to "j'apprends (ces sujets)"
Thanks! I wanted to know that too.

Zen2613

HSC
N/A

It's probably not perfect, but I hope I helped! I'm not sure about the parts that I underlined. FYI, we're pretty much doing the same subjects :wavey: except I'm also doing French Continuers and Japanese Continuers. Even the physical description is similar. How weird is that?! :blink2:
If you're both girls shouldn't that be qu'une débutante ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)