from a TAFE diploma to uni?? (1 Viewer)

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
ok well i was wondering, how do i get credit from work i do at TAFE so that i can go to uni? i want to go to uni at some point but if i dont get the marks then i wanna go to TAFE and do a diploma cource. how does it carry over and can i get into uni by doing a TAFE diploma? :confused:

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Its called advanced standing or articulation.

Basically you do an Advanced Diploma for 2 yrs, and they give you 1.5 yrs at uni

As you "lose" 6 months , you prehaps are better off going straight to uni (assuming you get the maRKS)

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Also depends if the units you do at TAFE are able to be transferred over as units of credit at university.

T

tactic

There are cases where NONE of your tafe studies count, I have a friend who transfered to uni from doing an Advanced Dip and he got no credit for his studies at all..

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Contact the universities. Ask them about courses, which TAFE courses have credit, how much credit they're worth etc. Usually if your TAFE qualifications are relevant to the course you want to enter the university will give you credit for some or all of your subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)