Frontline Episodes (1 Viewer)

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
my teachers have always told us to us 3. does the bos actually say this? because im finding it had to include all the necessary info. :(

haaychlovesdan

KIK ASS PREMIUM MEMBER
HSC
we got told that 6 was the minimum to ensure that the question could be answered properly.
Each episode conveys a different representation of truth.
Better if you know most of them.

B

bekmay

haaychlovesdan said:
we got told that 6 was the minimum to ensure that the question could be answered properly.
Each episode conveys a different representation of truth.
Better if you know most of them.
serious? your teacher told you 6?!
hmm i dunno... i would say 3 or 4 is you want to convey your point effectively. 6 if you want to spend your entire 2 hours on module C. i dont think 6 would allow you to talk about them enough in depth...

Justina

HSC
6?!? whaaatt?
How the heck are you supposed to talk about 6 episodes as well as two related texts? Good luck with that my friend :)
I was planning to only talk about two.....maybe three if i can?

haaychlovesdan

KIK ASS PREMIUM MEMBER
HSC
Yeah. The question will ask you to respond to your core text which is Frontline and two other texts just like Area Of Study. So it doesnt specify how many episodes exactly that you should relate to however knowing all 6 episodes will ensure that you are able to answer the question with relevence to what it is asking. '

Knowing a range in detail will benefit you in the long run

haaychlovesdan

KIK ASS PREMIUM MEMBER
HSC
bekmay said:
serious? your teacher told you 6?!
hmm i dunno... i would say 3 or 4 is you want to convey your point effectively. 6 if you want to spend your entire 2 hours on module C. i dont think 6 would allow you to talk about them enough in depth...
haha bit of a misunderstanding, im not going to talk about 6 episodes that impossible. Sorry, what im trying to say is that you should know all episodes well enough to write about them so you can choose 3 or 4 relevent to the question when you answer it.
haha im not that good at writing to be able to talk about all 6 episodes.

Justina

HSC
But still - imo it'd be quality over quantity.
Knowing 2/3 episodes in great detail will get you further than know little detail about all 6

EDIT - just read your post....all good now *puts on cool sunnies* :cool:

B

bekmay

haaychlovesdan said:
haha bit of a misunderstanding, im not going to talk about 6 episodes that impossible. Sorry, what im trying to say is that you should know all episodes well enough to write about them so you can choose 3 or 4 relevent to the question when you answer it.
haha im not that good at writing to be able to talk about all 6 episodes.
omg thankgod i thought you were crazy. LOL.

haaychlovesdan

KIK ASS PREMIUM MEMBER
HSC
but without knowing the question how can you select the episodes relevent to what it is asking considering frontline covers a range of representations of the truth from truth as a commodity to morals and ethics. Perhaps selecting a few with different representations of the truth may be the best way to go about it.
6 episodes is alot to remember

munchiecrunchie

HSC
our teachers tell us to know ALL the episodes, but choose TWO for the exam and explore them in detail . . . makes sense to me, quality over quantity.

B

bekmay

hollyy. said:
so would 2 in depth be better than 3 average?
anything in depth is better than average...
markers are looking for how you understand it, not how many you can list

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)