• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Frontline Introduction. (1 Viewer)

beccaAUS

HSC
heyy
i was wondering whether someone has any ideas of how i could start my essay introduction for frontline?
it's the one essay i'm having the most trouble with :confused:

help please?

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
Gotta say I'm stuck with this too, I can't define truth without rambling on for half the page turning into philosophical bullshit ;s

beccaAUS

HSC
i am so screwed with it
our class has only watched 4 episodes and tomorrow is my second trial exam and we have to write a frontline essay
lucky i dont need related material yet.

grr, another late night for me tonight writing english essays again :mad1:

JoshyPutts07

HSC
sorry still trying to figure that out myself :S

we started this topic a fortnight ago and have only done two episodes on it

I can't belive they are expecting us to write and essay on it WITH a related text on wednesday

likw what do we even do? we have watched two episodes and hardy even analysed them.......ha i dont even know what the topics about!

shona1990

HSC
Just start with a general statement about the truth and how it can be presented (relating to your texts - falsified, misrepresented, hyperbolic, highly subjective etc), and go on to introduce your texts etc

nicci69

HSC
Theres one episode where Brooke interviews a Netballer who was culled from the team. After the interview she edits the questions she asked, which then tarnishes the teams reputation. Instead of the reason for culling the team member being due to poor form, it became a scandalous story about lesbians and discrimination.
This episode shows that when one bends the truth, its consequences are great.. Plus more but you can figure that out easily enough.

Also there is an episode where Mike wants to fry the big fish. Instead of killing off small businesses, he wants to go after the big guys. When he does so, he finds a huge story of fraud etc. However Brian threatens to have Mike sacked if the story airs, and Mike is forced to pull out.
This shows that sometimes the influence of others bigger and greater than you can affect what truths you tell.

Theres so much more to both of these, but I''m tired and need to study my texts... Hope this helped a little...
Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)