• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Frontline question- (1 Viewer)

mumble_grumble

I have an assessment task due tommorow, and the question is " The composers of texts position their audience to see the truth in a particular light"

Im not really sure how this ties in with the main part of this topic---

how medium of production, textual form, perspective and choice of language influence meaning.

If anyone can explain how the two are linked, please do!

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
mumble_grumble said:
I have an assessment task due tommorow, and the question is " The composers of texts position their audience to see the truth in a particular light"
well, it just means that versions of truths are presented to us as a constructed text -- intending for the target audience to feel sympathy, anger, etc.

mumble_grumble said:
how medium of production, textual form, perspective and choice of language influence meaning.
The medium is television. Current affairs (I'm assuming you're doing frontline) construct their programs to gain ratings..

To make us feel sympathy, anger, etc.. They could package the images in different ways: take the "point of view" approach - the visuals and scripting of interviews, promos, expositions work in unison to deliver but one perspective of the truth.

Bias lies in all reporting and this will affect how the story/truth will be told...

*sorry.. I might not have answered your question.. but it seems a waste to just delete this...

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
they link together very simply. the question is asking you how composers position their responders to see an issue in the way they want - ie. how they manipulate the truth. the directive here is 'HOW' - whenever you see this word, it indicates that you should discuss techniques and how they show meaning (ie. all the things you listed: medium of production, textual form etc.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)