• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Full mark answers (2 Viewers)

qna

HSC
How to write answers that tick off everything that the markers are looking for - especially for higher-mark questions - obviously without knowing the marking criteria? Also, how to not over-write, especially for lower mark questions?

genenian

HSC
its all in the verbs of the question. for example explain would usually be 3-4, and requires a cause and efffect argument. you should balance cause and effect for that particular question. higher orders are discuss (provide points for and against, balancing againt) and justify (support your own argument and conclusion).

for higher orders, make sure you're providing at least 1 piece of evidence for every mark that is needed. for mod 7 or 8, always bring in a disease as an example to support each point you are making - it can be as simple as the cold, or one of the case studies like malaria or dengue. this applies basically to all modules as well as this is literally a brain-dump subject. they often allocate marks to specific buzz words or terminology like 'non-self' or 'cell-mediated' or 'epistemological link' so know your scientific terminology to a tee

make sure also you know which dot point you are targeting each time, as if you've revised through compartmentalising according ot what fits in each dot point or module, you'll know what the markers are trying to test there and get an idea of the marking criteria. obvs, the marking criteria for written questions is usually super vague as well, so its basiically showing how well you understand that specific dot point and how much you can draw that out. sometimes there will be multiple dot points addressed in a single higher order question, so i suggest allocating more time in making these kind of blended responses.

for smaller mark questions, i also get kinda lost. i always like to use around 2-3 lines of writing per mark for smaller mark questions.

i hope this helped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)