full of confussment help (1 Viewer)

HSC
can some one help me?????
i need to do an assigment which is to do a work flow plan can anyone give an example on how to do it?????
and i have to make a packaging for a muffin which is biodegradiable>>>>>>
wat do i put on the packaging any examples any where plz
oh n i ve got some info on hungry jacks which i got full marks on if anyone wants it reply to me

HSC
Theres is an example of a flow chart in the Food Tech EXCEL book but its on a breakfast cereal, that might help you.
On the packaging you put all the ingredients and addivites, the name of the products and the company logo, barcode, use by date, nutritional information, where it was made or came from, name of manufacturer....!
Hope that helps... :)

tennille

HSC
me_too_scared said:
can some one help me?????
i need to do an assigment which is to do a work flow plan can anyone give an example on how to do it?????
and i have to make a packaging for a muffin which is biodegradiable>>>>>>
wat do i put on the packaging any examples any where plz
oh n i ve got some info on hungry jacks which i got full marks on if anyone wants it reply to me
Yeah, its all in the HSC excel book. It's an excellent book for a summary of the course.

Operation (food is changed in some way. eg. cooking, heating)= circle

Inspection (quality control, etc)= square

Transportation (when material is moved from one place to another)= arrow pointing to right.

Delay (when conditions dont allow for the next step to take place)= a big D
storage= upside down triangle

You draw the symbols down the page and join each with a vertical line. Then on the right of the chart, next to each symbol, you write what is happening. Eg. if something is being heated, you draw a circle, and next to it you right "heated at ....degrees celcius".

Packaging requirements= list of ingredients, package date or use by date, barcode, name of product, nutritional information panel, name and address of manufacturer, alcohol content if applicable, details of country of origin and statement of quantity. The best thing to do is by a muffin product and look a the ingredients and style of packaging in order to create a similar product.

thanks hamo

HSC
fully use the flow chart symbols- teachers LOVE it and if teachers love it, you'll love your marks. Give heaps of details.
AND as the others have said- the Food Tech Excel IS awsome for a full summary :)
As for biodegradable- think of something really simple such as paper or cardboard and then build on that to how you can make it better and work for your product.
Could just be a box, and near where it seals- write- HERMETICALLY SEALED- or in the report, say its hermetically sealed and you have yourself a package furfilling the brief :D
(if this is totally erelivent- disregard it :))

Last edited:
HSC
thnxs. so i do this flow chart with the sysmbols ..... but we were told to do it simple of wat preparations we do n all to make the blue berry muffin

tennille

HSC
Well the preparation is the procedure. So next to each symbol, you can write down what you're doing. The best thing to do is look at a recipe book that has blueberry muffins, and copy that. So, each step has its own symbol. eg. if it says mix the blueberries with the rest of the mixture, then you'd have a circle symbol, and then that statement on the right- hand side of that symbol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)