Full-on Horror flicks (1 Viewer)

Luke_D

HSC
I love scaring the shit out of myself with horror movies, but I'm yet to find one that is REALLY freaky. Apparently Wolf Creek is pretty damn freaky, I haven't seen it yet. I also want to see The Exorcism of Emily Rose, even though it's only rated M.

Does anyone know of any full on horror films? I'm guessing I may have to look outside Hollywood/commercial films.

borkis04

You have been blocked.
Arse of the World, Syd being the arsehole :D
HSC
Ahh yeh...i like scaring the shit out of myself as well. When i saw "Saw" last year..it was bloody good..i mean well i thought it was scary in well a few parts...but it also made you think too...so i found it bloody good.

Wolf Creek is said to be freaky. Ah well yeh..Saw 2 is coming out soonish i htink...which ought to be pretty damn good. I'm in!

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
yeah u proli would have to extend ur horizons so to speak :p
lol
yeah the exorcism of emily rose should be good... aaaaaaaaaaaaah!
i get freakd really easily, but i throw myself in the deep end...
bambi was a challenge, but i made it thru :)
lol
r u talking supernatural scari? or texas chain-saw?

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
borkis04 said:
Ahh yeh...i like scaring the shit out of myself as well. When i saw "Saw" last year..it was bloody good..i mean well i thought it was scary in well a few parts...but it also made you think too...so i found it bloody good.

Wolf Creek is said to be freaky. Ah well yeh..Saw 2 is coming out soonish i htink...which ought to be pretty damn good. I'm in!
U SAW SAW!!!
wow, ur brave!!!
i wanna c that one day :D
GoOooOd on ya

borkis04

You have been blocked.
Arse of the World, Syd being the arsehole :D
HSC
Mate see it as soon as you can! dead set best movie ever!...after The Lion King back when I was a lil anklebiter..:D

See it before Saw2 comes out so you can see that too!

And you've got to watch it with mate's that are scred shitless as well, in a dark room, with surround sound. Perfect.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
borkis04 said:
Mate see it as soon as you can! dead set best movie ever!...after The Lion King back when I was a lil anklebiter..:D

See it before Saw2 comes out so you can see that too!

And you've got to watch it with mate's that are scred shitless as well, in a dark room, with surround sound. Perfect.
sounds wonderful!
im inspired- thanQ :p

Luke_D

HSC
Saw was a freakin awesome movie. But I didn't find it that scary. Saw 2 comes out on the 17th of November.

*yooneek*, I guess supernatural horror flicks would be better. I don't find the slasher thriller/horror genre very freaky. There's a movie coming out called 'The Descent' which looks pretty freaky, but also could be rather lame lol. It's about this group of chicks who go on a cave expedition and they end up finding an un-explored cave which has humans in it that have evolved in the cave. Sounds pretty lame but the trailer was pretty awesome.

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
i get freaked really easily. i dont think i could watch Saw. id probably get nightmares. lol

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Three Extremes. Scariest Asian horror flick I've seen for a long time.

donkeydrop

HSC
hmmmmm, i found Rob Zombie's 'House of 1000 Corpses' pretty scary. Part 2 was good too, although not as scary and weird as original

Saw 'Wolf Creek' on Saturday. I liked although i thought it was too short. Maybe its because i enjoyed it. What made it scary for me was realistic plot. It was simple yet effective.

My personal rating 7/10. Well done Aussies! :)

I believe that asian horror is much better than hollywood. I remember watching the Jap version of Ring and Grudge. People would have to agree with me that its not "full-on horror" in fact if i remember correctly those movies are rated M/MA (i think MA) but i found them scary

I enjoyed 'Dawn of the Dead'. Finally zombies are running after humans. I was pretty disappointed with G.Romero's "Land of the Dead"

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
Luke_D said:
Saw was a freakin awesome movie. But I didn't find it that scary. Saw 2 comes out on the 17th of November.

*yooneek*, I guess supernatural horror flicks would be better. I don't find the slasher thriller/horror genre very freaky. There's a movie coming out called 'The Descent' which looks pretty freaky, but also could be rather lame lol. It's about this group of chicks who go on a cave expedition and they end up finding an un-explored cave which has humans in it that have evolved in the cave. Sounds pretty lame but the trailer was pretty awesome.
sounds interesting! quite original lol
i hope i c the trailer soon!
oh and thank you 4 'bold'ening my name Luke- it jumped right out at me!!!
urz has underlines and italics to give it that extra ooomff lol :p

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i dont get scared in horror films at all. i get disgusted, but not scared. i thought that SAW was pretty good for a first feature by the directors but it wasnt very well acted or scripted and that let it down a lot.

i think films like wolf creek and the boys are scary because of the atmosphere it creates with music, lighting, etc.

i would like to see a really scary film to scare myself, i have seen a lot of horror films and none of them scare me.

Luke_D

HSC
Benny_ said:
Three Extremes. Scariest Asian horror flick I've seen for a long time.
Ooo I saw the trailer for that. It looks pretty damn scary.

I just remembered something. "Tartan Asia Extreme." It's kind of like 'Universal Studios' I guess lol. A couple of titles include 'Acacia' and 'Tetsuo: The Iron Man.' Apparently they're disturbing at some points, but funny at others. I'm too sure how that would work but hey :)

*yooneek* said:
sounds interesting! quite original lol
i hope i c the trailer soon!
oh and thank you 4 'bold'ening my name Luke- it jumped right out at me!!!
urz has underlines and italics to give it that extra ooomff lol
Haha! No problems *yooneek* :)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I don't get scared in movies. Not since I was a kid, anyway. I'd like to, though. I'm sick of these overproduced slasher films which operate on the lots of gore and sudden "boo" bursts in the soundtrack = scary principle. I like films that build up atmosphere and scare you with what you don't see. On that note I think the closest any film has come to scaring me lately is the Japanese Ring. The original Dark Water was quite creepy too.

Luke_D

HSC
Lundy said:
I don't get scared in movies. Not since I was a kid, anyway. I'd like to, though. I'm sick of these overproduced slasher films which operate on the lots of gore and sudden "boo" bursts in the soundtrack = scary principle. I like films that build up atmosphere and scare you with what you don't see. On that note I think the closest any film has come to scaring me lately is the Japanese Ring. The original Dark Water was quite creepy too.
Thanks for your 2 cents :) I agree about the slasher films. They can be good entertainment but they lack their purpose of trying to scare you :rolleyes:

I just wish I could find a movie that is like, hardcore horror with minimal gore. I don't mind gore, I just would prefer a film that could scare me without it.

Is anyone else over the whole, scary little girl in horror films? ie, The Ring, The Grudge, Gothika etc.

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
i watched the Ring 2 today, not quite as good as the first but still good (im talking about the original japanese ones). no movie has done a good job of scaring me. the japanese ring, exorcist and jaws come close though.
And yes slasher movies do suck, the only one ive ever liked is the original Nightmare on Elm Street.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Luke_D said:
Thanks for your 2 cents :) I agree about the slasher films. They can be good entertainment but they lack their purpose of trying to scare you :rolleyes:

I just wish I could find a movie that is like, hardcore horror with minimal gore. I don't mind gore, I just would prefer a film that could scare me without it.

Is anyone else over the whole, scary little girl in horror films? ie, The Ring, The Grudge, Gothika etc.
Oh, another I forgot to mention was The Others. There's no violence or gore at all, just a silent, dark, haunted house. I'd recommend checking it out.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I watched Dumplings today, a cute litte movie about a woman who tries to stay young by eating baby fetuses. Great to watch over lunch. Seriously though, if you can stomach the scenes of fetus-filled dumplings, it's quite a good, thought provoking movie. I highly recommend it. And no, I'm not taking the piss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)