Funny Maths Joke. (1 Viewer)

currysauce

Actuary in the making
HSC
This has probably been told before, but I read it last night and its quite funny.

Two mathematicians were having dinner at a restaurant, arguing about the average mathematical knowledge of the Australian public. One mathematician claimed that this average was woefully inadequate, the other maintained that it was suprisingly high. "I'll tell you what," said the cynic. "Ask that waitress a simple maths question. If she gets it right, I'll pick up dinner. If not, you do."

He then excused himself to visit the bathroom, and the other called the waitress over. "When my friend comes back," he told her, "I'm going to ask you a question, and I want you to respond 'one third x cubed'.' There's twenty bucks in it for you." The cynic returned from the backroom and called the waitress over. "The food was wounderful. Incidentally, do you know what the integral of x² is?"

The waitress looked pensive; almost pained. She looked around the room, and finally said, "Um, one third x cubed?" So the cynic paid the check. The waitress wheeled around, walked a few paces away, looked back at the two men and muttered under her breath, "...plus a constant"...

haha!

DistantCube

HSC
lol, mildly humourous......I lived in NZ for 12 years, so I'm too used to australians being stupid :/ but this is probably more true.

HSC
currysauce said:
"The food was wounderful. Incidentally, do you know what the integral of x² is?"
These two need to get over their maths and learn how to talk, woundeful isnt a word

rabdog

ert
HSC
N/A
Who ever mentioned woundeful? :)
Typo perhaps :~)
I don't get the end part... maybe i dont know what the integral is =[

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
not that funny.

but yeah, you need to know what an integral is to get it

Trev

stix
HSC
rabdog said:
Who ever mentioned woundeful? :)
Typo perhaps :~)
I don't get the end part... maybe i dont know what the integral is =[
Plus 'C', a constant. Integration the reverse of differentiation, if you differentiate any constant you get zero, therefore with any integration there could have been a constant to begin with.

Last edited:

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
this isnt a joke...

it just says that the aust public has generally good mathematical skills...

i dont always agree with that..

turtle_2468

HSC
it's a good joke... the version I heard a few years ago didn't have Australian in it, I think it might have just been 2 non-descript mathematicians..

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
haha shit try that when you go out to eat next time (assuming my fellow MX2 'bros' go out).

"the chicken is too salty, and by the way, whats the expansion of sin2@?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)