Gap Year - forget the trials - there's life after the hsc (1 Viewer)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Re: GAP YEAR- FORGET THE TRIALS= THERE's LIFE AFTER THE HSC

AliceAteAnApple said:
Oookay, I will not bother you secret little brotherhood of elite BOREDOFSTUDIES forum, which you 'highprofile members' are obviously very protective about, and you obviously derive alot of joy from being a part of. sorry!

and Bookie, we dont go to a school like that, i HATE people like that which is probably why i thought it was so obvious i was being sarcastic. . .

oh, and stop being so inflated with your own sense of self importance
Aww dont read into it too much honey. I didnt mean it.

AliceAteAnApple

Breathe easy runaway
HSC
Re: GAP YEAR- FORGET THE TRIALS= THERE's LIFE AFTER THE HSC

Haha, ok I'm laughing:)

Bookie, if you wont a gap year, why don't you just do it, even if rationally it might not be the best idea, lame cliches aside, your only young once, and i'm not even going to pretend i know what your life is like, but it really isnt as hard as it seems to earn enough money to do it, i'm earning all the money i need for it by myself.

sorry hazaar, your thread got hijacked! For those school placements you have to go through your own school to get them, but you can get them anywhere in the world, i know a girl who went to a sandstone harry-potter-like school near Bath for 6months to teach equestrian, which would've been amazing, but travelling would be more fun i think, though you dont get paid. . .

Last edited:

HallucinoGina

HSC
Tubmiester said:
dude hazaar, noone cares about you or your crappy trip, we are all trying to study without any distractions. pull yourself together and do some work like the rest of us.
^^^far out. u seriously need to chill out. Good on ya hazaar, its really good that you have good perspective on things (unlike this sad person ^) and can see things outside this limited shit we're forced to do this year. That goes for the rest of you as well... whats the HSC anyway, just something to preoccupy us and make us stressed out. stop worrying about it, its not the end of the world, and it DEFINITELY shouldn't foster negative attitudes like that^. If you don't want to be distracted get off the bloody computer and do ur work. Good luck for your trip hazaar, should be amazing! you'll definitely learn more from it than from school anyway.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
AliceAteAnApple said:
Haha, ok I'm laughing

Bookie, if you wont a gap year, why don't you just do it, even if rationally it might not be the best idea, lame cliches aside, your only young once, and i'm not even going to pretend i know what your life is like, but it really isnt as hard as it seems to earn enough money to do it, i'm earning all the money i need for it by myself.

sorry hazaar, your thread got hijacked! For those school placements you have to go through your own school to get them, but you can get them anywhere in the world, i know a girl who went to a sandstone harry-potter-like school near Bath for 6months to teach equestrian, which would've been amazing, but travelling would be more fun i think, though you dont get paid. . .
Well, I'm pretty ure you don't know what my life is like, but if you read my blog you might :p

But in all seriousness, while a Gap year is great for those who an afford it, a lot cant, and If i took a gap year, I'd be doing jack all, or maybe at best a job at Woolies or something [not offending Woolies workers or anything].

But more importantly, personally, I've missed 12 weeks of school this year and I'm intensely shitted for the HSC. Like, intensely shitted. A bit like constipation after a night at the immigration department where the only food they have is cheese pizza. So if I were to not go to Uni next year, I'd be repeating Year 12 to get a UAI of 99 or something to get into an awesome course. Right now I'll be struggling to get a 95. 93 would be decent, because I can use the EAS allowance. Point is, I'd be repeating Year 12 instead of Gapping.

AliceAteAnApple

Breathe easy runaway
HSC
sad to say i actualy read your blog, because unfortunatly i am currently procrastinating for extension maths exam on tuesday, first one i've ever read though because im practically computer illiterate. . .makes me feel like a creepy stalker. . .haha

there are heaps of other things you can do that pay way better and are heaps more interesting then being a check out chick. . .but i can see its not your thing, just wondering about the incedibly harsh reply. . .

mmc754

HSC
BAhaha.. Im just over the HSC .. over Trials... Yep.. Im pumped for a gap year.. dunno what Im doing Ill work or something... The HSC isnt the end of the world..if you dont get you're UAI there is always another way.. I just couldnt be bothered anymore.

Sure focus.. but give you're selves a break.. its not the be all and end all :santa: I just like summer

Tubmiester

HSC
I was actually just taking the piss out of everyone that was ranting at haz. I'm actually going overseas with haz next year so I guess I'm on his side.....anyway, back to the original subject of this post, where are people going and how long for?

xx__savannah

HSC
I'm pretty sure I'll take a year off next year, so I'll mostly just work, watch sport and possibly go to England for Harry Potter release (not very likely though, but that would be awesome).

I know one thing I know I'll definately be doing: start writing a Melbourne Cup trivia book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)