Gene VS. Medical Science (2 Viewers)

placebo101

HSC
I'm tossing up between:

- bach. science (gene)
- bach. med science

anyway.. does anyone do gene science? i'm very interested in genetics, but would medical science be a better option as it seems broader? also, how hard is it compared to medical?

all replies welcome, all info needed. thanks

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I dunno if anyone here studies them, but here are the handbooks so you can look at the course structures.

Gene Science

Medical science

Choose the one that your most interested in. Also, D-Day to advise you on what courses to do is on Jan 4th, at Parra campus, they have lecturers and students there, so they might be able to help you as well.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
i do med sci...if you like genes, then go for gene science, but as you said, med sci is broader, plus you have the option of getting into a bachelor of medicine degree after, pretty much depends on where you are headed though.

placebo101

HSC
how difficult is med sci? im confident i can do it. and they share a lot of subjects so i'm thinking they will be about the same difficulty

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
it's not that bad, i failed one subject this semester (end of year 1) but that was my own fault not studying and problems an stuff, but if you work on it, it's not bad at all, it's interesting, just needs lots of concentration.

saredi87

HSC
Hey, I do Med Sci at Hawkesbury...I really love it, but I'm a bit of a nerd :) If you're really interested in genetics, you could either course really - many of the core subjects to be studied are compulsory in both courses. However, what I have heard is that the gene science course can get very math-sy (especially in biometry and genetics 2.2) and you have to do a compulsory work placement in one of the holidays. My suggestion would be to do the Med Sci course and major in Biomedical Science, it's more than adequate. Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)