german class of 2009! (1 Viewer)

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
hello all!
are you doing continuers or extension? liking th course so far?

oh, and to extensioners, what has been your fav short story so far?

my class has only done hänsel und gretel and risiko für weihnachtsmänner, and im finding risiko a fair bit harder to analyse.

share your thoughts here! :spin:

Karina92

HSC
Hello!!!
i'm doing continuers and extension. in ext, we're not doing hansel and gretel. last term we did Risiko fuer Weinachtsmanner and this term we've started Fernsehshow. he only other one that i know we're doing is Kein Job fuer eine Lady. I didn't exactly do all the work for Risiko and our teacher gave us other tasks to do. What have you had to do so far in relation to the texts? We were only given some short comprhension questions and discussed in class some of the issues.

Also, does anyone know of some good german speaking podcats that I can download. I really wanted listening tasks from past papers but BOS only have the transcripts. Anything similar that I can download, not listen to online, would be a real help. :)

Scotty101

HSC
Hmm yes, I need listening stuff too for extension. I'm flipping out about the listening section of the internal assessments. I'm watching a lot of SBS german news and SBS radio atm...

We have done Haensel und Gretel, and just finished Risiko fuer Weinachtmaenner- talk about a weird story! I dunno when we will do the other two.

xxstef

HSC
you can check out die sendung mit der maus podcasts, or logo nachrichten podcasts.

corsalui

HSC
So I am doing continuers and extension and enjoying both!
Continuers is fun and extension is very interesting with broader topics than continuers.

So far in extension we've done kein job fur eine Lady and haensel and gretel.
Personally i've found hansel and gretel easier to analyse and read.

I had a few problems with Kein Job fur eine Lady. Just lots of slang so ended up reading it like 10 times just to understand what was happening.

For listening stuff: i've got heaps of german music and i also listen to news podcasts downloaded off itunes. its really good. i'm actually listening to stuff tomorrow for my german continuers exam!

:wave:

Tumnus

HSC
Hallo! i'm german and doing COntinuers (over distance ed) n enjoying it so far. I did a heap of the written work in the summer holidays so i'm cruising:headbang:
I thought of doing the extension but chose to do English extension2 instead (my sister did german extension n didn't recommend it for me - writing is my weakness)
THE only thing i really hate about the course is the exam part Listening and Responding (the one where ur not allowed to stop the CD :chainsaw: and have to do short answers) so annoying! otherwise they give you plenty of time. My sister finished her HSC one an hr early i think:uhoh:.

Scotty101

HSC
whoever wanted the listening tasks... try this website (http://www.hsc.csu.edu.au/german/). they have heaps of stuff! they dont have anything up yet for ext. but thats ok...

and you will do haensel und gretel... lol

Last edited:

lucymowat

HSC
Hello!!!
i'm doing continuers and extension. in ext, we're not doing hansel and gretel. last term we did Risiko fuer Weinachtsmanner and this term we've started Fernsehshow. he only other one that i know we're doing is Kein Job fuer eine Lady. I didn't exactly do all the work for Risiko and our teacher gave us other tasks to do. What have you had to do so far in relation to the texts? We were only given some short comprhension questions and discussed in class some of the issues.

Also, does anyone know of some good german speaking podcats that I can download. I really wanted listening tasks from past papers but BOS only have the transcripts. Anything similar that I can download, not listen to online, would be a real help. :)
go on deutsche welle and they have "langsam gesprochene nachrichten" which are ok, plus the SBS german program is quite easy to listen to, sometimes they just chat to a german living in australia or something liek that and play some music, it's probably not a very high level of language but good to listen to anyway.

tlelover91

HSC
I'm doing continuers... I wanted to do extension but mein Deutsch lehrer told me not to...

But yeah I'm kind of enjoying it though it is stressful.

Speaking on the 19th of September is going to be frustrating haha cause I don't know what to say :D XD

Also doing french beginners... it gets confusing

HSC
I'm doing continuers... I wanted to do extension but mein Deutsch lehrer told me not to...

But yeah I'm kind of enjoying it though it is stressful.

Speaking on the 19th of September is going to be frustrating haha cause I don't know what to say :D XD

Also doing french beginners... it gets confusing
HSC speaking skillz on 19th September for me......

Ich habe angst. hehe

HSC
Ich weiss, dass ich versagen werde. Wie oft studieren Sie? Ich habe studiert nicht seit Wochen. Ich bin so faul.. Ich studiert oft uber Mathe... aber ich versagen noch.. Ich weiss nicht.. Ich kann nicht warten, bis nach dem HSC.

xxstef

HSC
Ich weiss, dass ich versagen werde. Wie oft studieren Sie? Ich habe studiert nicht seit Wochen. Ich bin so faul.. Ich studiert oft uber Mathe... aber ich versagen noch.. Ich weiss nicht.. Ich kann nicht warten, bis nach dem HSC.
ich verstehe, was du meinst, aber es gibt noch mehrere 'grammatik-fehler'.

deutsch macht mir wirklich viel spaß, denn ich finde es nicht sehr schwierig. am anfang habe ich gedacht, dass es total schwierig wäre, aber jetzt bin ich fließend genug, einfache rede zu haben.
YAY! :)

HSC
ich verstehe, was du meinst, aber es gibt noch mehrere 'grammatik-fehler'.

deutsch macht mir wirklich viel spaß, denn ich finde es nicht sehr schwierig. am anfang habe ich gedacht, dass es total schwierig wäre, aber jetzt bin ich fließend genug, einfache rede zu haben.
YAY! :)
Du bist viel besser als mich, doch dass nicht schwierig ist. hehehe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)