Getting into JD? (1 Viewer)

Danoraptor

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi everyone

I'm beginning to think I wont be accepted into arts/law from arts by transfer, because of my 92-95 predicted ATAR. Do I stand a chance getting into a JD with such an atar?

MBMD

HSC
AFAIK they would only take your uni marks. After you finish a degree your atar matters very little.

looking

HSC
N/A
AFAIK they would only take your uni marks. After you finish a degree your atar matters very little.
USyd's JD does take ATAR into account. I think its 25% ATAR and 75% GPA according to their entry listing.

el_len

HSC
Looking is correct, USyd's program does take your ATAR into account (for 25%). However, if your ATAR isn't great but your university marks are far better, they can choose to ignore your ATAR. A 92-95 ATAR is a very solid mark though, so as long as you keep your performance up at uni you'd be in for a good chance.

lovelldavis

HSC
The average combined WAM and ATAR mark you will need is around 82 for a commonwealth supported place in the JD program at USYD- doesn't sound like much in year 12 but is a little harder once you hit uni and a distinction is 75! As long as you work hard and keep around a distinction average you'll probs not have to worry. Also, you can transfer once you're there from an arts degree (or whatever else tickles your fancy) so long as you have a distinction average. There are a number ways to get into USYD's law faculty, don't stress

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)