• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

getting reported... (1 Viewer)

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
hey,
dont people think it's funny how it's always in australia that cricketers from OVERSEAS get reported? (im not the only 1 saying this..even the south african coach said it).../..first murali, then akhtar, now that botha guy....
yet it was in NEW ZEALAND that brett lee got reported NOT australia.... i just think taht aus gets a *little* scared when any bowler who shows talent/or good turns up..so they try to put em down
and ppl say warne is the best spinner.... as if..murali's average is like 21-22 and warne's is like 24..but the commentators ignore the averages when they're talkin bout that.. and wehen they're talkin bout batting, tendulkar's first, but ponting's like 15th..so [they're like ...ohhhh look at ponting and bradman's averages WOW@!@ ....so what if warne has the most wickets..doesnt mean he's the best..look at him now anyways , he's pretty shit nowadays..

HAA>.i liked the commentators from the world cup better.. at least they dont scream out like assholes when aus hits a six (mm...HEALY??)

PS:: dont write bullshit responses such as murali's shit

Last edited:

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
Tendulkar's first? Doesn't seem to be the case, both according to the rankings and what the aussie commentators think. Besides, Lara >> Tendulkar.

Wallyhead

HSC
The umpires who reported Botha were a Kiwi and a Pakistani, i doubt that Australia would have any say in whether he got reported or not. He hadnt been reported before as it was his first test. Australia shouldnt have been scared of him, it was his first test and he didnt look to be something special. His captain certainly didnt think so by the amount of bowling he got.

Ponting has a higher test average than Tendulkar, as well as recent form to go on. Yes, Tendulkar is a star, but i think that any praise given to ponting is well deserved.

As for Murali, yeah he is good, but it must be remembered that sri lanka play a lot more cricket agaist weaker opposition compared to australia. He also gets to bowl on sub continental pitches all the time.

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
oh ..i thnk i brought it up mainly cuase of the murali incident a few years back...cause when the media got hold of murali got reported, darryl hair's umpiring and the "illegal doosra" , they went 2 town with it just 2 bring muralii down.. ..ESP the aus public..(at melb..).. .... look at wat happened to rahul dravid 2 years ago ..just cause he rubbed gum onto the ball - look how much media and public attention he got...
btu still...questions hav 2 be asked when akhtar gets reported but lee doesnt...i mean like akhtar's bowling style was different..so what?>.just cause it's different, it doesnt mean it's illegal..btw i pretty much think brett lee throws ..if u look closely at the replays u'l knoe wat i mean ...b4 any1 says anythin, i kone he;'s been cleared,.when he brings his arm around his back, it's clearly bent and then he straightens it, which is why he balls so fast .. (i dont think thats illegal though??)

but ye.a..the thing about murali is..that they DO play a lot of games on subcontinent pitches.BUT he doesnt get a huge proprtion of his wickets there..unlike warnie who gets most of his wickets in aus, even though teh aus crikcet team plays a lot of games overseas...correct me if im wrong, but ponting's pretty much the same (and especially hayden) ...he gets a LOT of runs on aussie pitches..it'll be very intersting to see the averages on overseas pitches.

anyhow both murali's strike rate and average is better than warne's...so it's realli stupid when aussie commentators say warne's the best spinner. just cause he's got the most wickets..

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
with murli and warne; i think it comes down to personal taste. when on song, i think both would equally destroy most lineups. but i have always thought of warne being above murli. in my mind warne grasps the entire persona of a spinner. he has a more classical action and i love the way he sometimes buys a wicket with his antics. murli, through what i have seen of him, seems to me to be that perfected work horse bowler. someone who will just come in and bowl and get you wickets. so it does come down to who you prefer to watch, i guess. and for me that would be warne.

at this moment in time, which batsman would you say would have to be a shoe-in into your world xi team. there is absolutely no doubt it would be ponting. if you are a die-hard sachin fan, then you could pencil him in on reputation. because his form of late has not done him justice. ponting on the other hand, has seemed like he can annihilate any bowler. he is the world leading batter on form at the moment. i really cannot see how that can be argued.

lara >> tendulkar??? i'm too much of a die-hard sachin fan to let you get away with that!
lara is an awesome player. but he just carries too much baggage onto the field. and it does show in his game. he is quite an inconsistent player in my book. i think it takes a great batsman to continually put that aside when on the field. sachin is the complete batsman, or the closest thing to it. lara is just too iffy at times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)