Globalisation impact on Economic Development (1 Viewer)

glennhsc

HSC
It's school holidays right now, and I can't ask teachers for help or feedback :/ So here I am.
I need some help on structuring my video presentation on how globalisation impacts economic development in a specific country. Topic one of the HSC syllabus for economics, The Global Economy.

So far, this is what I have:

Intro:
- explaining all the key concepts involved like economic development and globalisation, maybe some indicators of development and the drivers of globalisation.
- brief overview on the structure of the rest of the essay

- This is where I'm struggling. I'm thinking of talking about how the drivers of globalisation impacts on the aspects of the economy that promote economic development, but I'm not sure if I'm answering the question in the best way and if I'm on the right track.

Drivers of globalisation: + international and regional business cycles
- trade in goods and services
- financial flows
- investment and transnational corporations
- technology, transport and communication
- international division of labour, migration

Economic development:
HDI, HSI, Unemployment, Inflation, real GDP, GNI per capita(, unequal distribution of income within a country maybe?), Economic growth rate (can be affected by governments and structures of production), environmental quality, gender inequality (female labour force participation rate)

- structural change
- infrastructure
- governments and institutions
- society
- material standards of living
- quality of life

Stages of economic development (is this even relevant? IDK):
1. structural transformation of the economy
2. demographic transition
3. process of urbanisation

Global factors of inequality (not sure if I need this since I'm talking about 1 country):
- global trade system
- global financial architecture
- global technology flows

Outro:
- Summary of all the main points and a concluding statement.

Haven't started research about a certain country yet. I want to first set out the plan/structure, so I know exactly what to elaborate on and what to search for. Right now my google doc is just a stockpile of information that I think is relevant and need to put into a plan for my video, the above is a super summarised version of all the information. Some help on what else I need and how to structure the information would be much appreciated.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Is there a limit on either the word or how long the video is?

Depending on that would affect how much info is in your middle section (remember to include statistics, but also don't go overboard on it)

glennhsc

HSC
Is there a limit on either the word or how long the video is?

Depending on that would affect how much info is in your middle section (remember to include statistics, but also don't go overboard on it)
about 10 minutes

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
This may be useful:

For my task on this module, which was to evaluate strategies that promote economic growth/development, my structure was as follows:
Introduction
Trends paragraph etc
2 strategies for economic growth/development (health and education, and SEZ)
Conclusion

Hope it helps

glennhsc

HSC
This may be useful:

For my task on this module, which was to evaluate strategies that promote economic growth/development, my structure was as follows:
Introduction
Trends paragraph etc
2 strategies for economic growth/development (health and education, and SEZ)
Conclusion

Hope it helps
I'll take a look at that guide, looks great. tysm!

nourished.

HSC
It's school holidays right now, and I can't ask teachers for help or feedback :/ So here I am.
I need some help on structuring my video presentation on how globalisation impacts economic development in a specific country. Topic one of the HSC syllabus for economics, The Global Economy.
Hey @glennhsc , I'll get to your email soon!

Here are a few pointers to help you get started though:
  1. You want to find big picture policies that have enabled globalisation;
  2. Then you find which drivers of globalisation it has impacted;
  3. And then you find out the effect of this on economic development, ie HDI;
  4. Which, in brief, is just one of these three - education, mortality, and income per capita.
So, an example is you find a policy that has opened up trade in a country. Then you go find which driver(s) it has impacted, ie trade in this case. Then you explain how trade has impacted economic development, ie more trade = more business = higher incomes = improves HDI etc.

glennhsc

HSC
Hey @glennhsc , I'll get to your email soon!

Here are a few pointers to help you get started though:
  1. You want to find big picture policies that have enabled globalisation;
  2. Then you find which drivers of globalisation it has impacted;
  3. And then you find out the effect of this on economic development, ie HDI;
  4. Which, in brief, is just one of these three - education, mortality, and income per capita.
So, an example is you find a policy that has opened up trade in a country. Then you go find which driver(s) it has impacted, ie trade in this case. Then you explain how trade has impacted economic development, ie more trade = more business = higher incomes = improves HDI etc.
THANKS, THIS HELPS SO MUCH!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)