• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

GNXeVb킢 (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Well, now that continuers is over, what preperation have you extension people done for the HARD one? We've been given sample questions every lesson to work on and speak about, is that the usual thing?

And is anyone having trouble remembering the vocab, or coming up with issues/examples to talk about?

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
yea, i'm learning stuff on the issues except they'll probably just throw something weird at us. with last year's questions.. you couldn't really pinpoint the issues or have a thoroughly prepared speech.

is a roflcopter
HSC
do people get a chance to sing some jpop anytime in assessments? ........argh i wana do jap :(

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
:p No Jpop, sorry. But if you're lucky you COULD mix in the issue of "youth in the community" by singing ڎwI|P}X^[I (the Pokémon theme) and hoping for the best

karnevil

HSC
we've been doing intensive brainstorming sessions with the teacher... we brainstormed a whole pile of sentences with huge combinations of structures. Im less worried about extension than I was about continuers

hk31

HSC
Originally posted by karnevil
Im less worried about extension than I was about continuers
That's the same with me...
i sometimes freak out when i do continuers speaking...
extension....go @ own pace...well sorta..

karnevil

HSC
haha 'own pace' .. 10 minutes to prepare 2 x 2minute answers? eek hehe nah but im sweet... i prepare answers for extension practicaly everyday

i jst hope the questions arent too stupid

then again, when u think about it... almost ne question can be molded to what youve already prepared.. example:

youve prepared a speech on the good / bad side of technology

yu get last year's question "bla bla generation gap"

you just talk about the bad side of tecnology and its difficulty of use.. and use a pile of relative clauses to describe ppl who dont know how to use it

wakatta ?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
r the symbols in the thread name japanese? like can u copy them into a program and read them or something???

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
If you right-click anywhere on the page and see "encoding", hover over it and either select "Japanese (Auto-Select)" or hover over "more" and select "Japanese (Auto-Select)". Then you'll be able to read it.

The encoding is actually [Japanese (Shift-JIS)] but Auto-Select is easier to teach :)

lizzy1004

HSC
gosh continuers were alrite.. was a bit nervous but l'm so worried about da ext jap hsccccccc wut if my mind freezes and i cant think up th issues... goshhh i gotta work my head off this week

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
You're not the only one. I've also got a Modern History assessment task to sit on Wednesday, so I have to actually go and demand they postpone my attempt so I don't fail one. Stupid BOS...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)