Going for my P's in two weeks. Any advice? (1 Viewer)

rebeccatommo

HSC
So im basically going for my red P's in two weeks and im so nervous and because im going for my test at 3 oclock everyone keeps warning me about school zones... -_-

So any advice and tips would be much appreciated!

Thank youuu.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
exaggerate all head checks.
This, my mate did his P's test today and the one thing which he lost marks for was the short head checks, and this is coming from a guy who's dad is actually an instructor also.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Be careful and try to learn the route beforehand so you know where the stop signs are. If you make a mistake on the test don't get flustered. you're better off stopping a little bit over the line at say an intersection or roundabout; than to keep on going through if it's dangerous (and nearly cause an accident).

rebeccatommo

HSC
THANKS GUYS. I ended up failing because I apparently rolled through two stop signs and didnt come to a complete stop.
Going again in two weeks though. Fingers crossed I dont fail.
Just wondering if any of you understand the score sheet? Because it says total: 108, but I thought it was out of 100 :\
Very confused.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
THANKS GUYS. I ended up failing because I apparently rolled through two stop signs and didnt come to a complete stop.
Just wondering if any of you understand the score sheet? Because it says total: 108, but I thought it was out of 100 :\
Very confused.
Did you use your own car or the instructor? Do you have to pay to use the instructors car as well, I heard something like that but i'm not sure.

sunny199

HSC
hey it doesn't matter how many marks you got, not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign will result in an instant fail good luck next time

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Very confused.
Some infractions are instant fails, for example not coming to a stop at a stop sign.

You can have 100%, but once you hit a fail mark you're screwed.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
So im basically going for my red P's in two weeks and im so nervous and because im going for my test at 3 oclock everyone keeps warning me about school zones... -_-

So any advice and tips would be much appreciated!

Thank youuu.
Just stay calm, the biggest thing to focus on is not doing auto fails. You can get a few points of for minor things (actually quite alot), but most people that fail get done for an auto fail.

rebeccatommo

HSC
they were just fails not immediate fails, but i know when you get a fail your basically screwed. I did stop but then rolled through and didnt wait 5 seconds, I think he said. I got 101/108! So hopefully I get them in two weeks again. Thanks again guys :)

rebeccatommo

HSC
I used my own car. The practice instructor (not the RTA one) I had told me I was ready and told me to book the test then a week later told me I wasnt ready... But I didnt care and booked it anyway. Safe to say im not going back to her she basically told me I was ready for "Heart break" aka I am apparently a failure. But if I did wait 5 seconds at the stop signs I would of passed.... So I dont think I failed because I wasn't "ready" because she made it out to seem I was a really bad driver.

Maybe she was just milking it to get more $$$ who knows....

rebeccatommo

HSC
I stopped, but didnt wait 5 seconds and kinda just rolled when I saw no one was coming. Yeah I knew that it would be an I.F but it was just put as a fail on my score sheet!

Thanks I'll need it!

Aidejay

HSC
I used my own car. The practice instructor (not the RTA one) I had told me I was ready and told me to book the test then a week later told me I wasnt ready... But I didnt care and booked it anyway. Safe to say im not going back to her she basically told me I was ready for "Heart break" aka I am apparently a failure. But if I did wait 5 seconds at the stop signs I would of passed.... So I dont think I failed because I wasn't "ready" because she made it out to seem I was a really bad driver.

Maybe she was just milking it to get more $$$ who knows....
LOL! Same, that happened to me as well with my instructor. Where did you take your test at Rebeccatommo?

jet

Banned
HSC
Very confused.
It's initially marked out of 100, and then for every hazard it goes up by an extra mark, e.g. there were four hazards on my route when I drove so I was marked out of 104.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)