Good DOCUMENTARY Related Texts For Physical Journey's ESSAY? (1 Viewer)

BlackDragon

HSC
Does anyone know and good doco's i can use in an essay about physical journeys? It can be a book or a movie, but it needs to be a good one that has relevance to the journey of life or some other wider relevance.

Thanks

simbim21

unswMed07
HSC
physical journeys

i dont really know a documentary, they're quite hard to find. you may want to look for something about a soldier's experience- they're usually physical.
i do, however, know this wierd movie we watched in prelim religion called '7 years in Tibet'. (im not sure of the title- it may be 4 years). im sure you'll find it. it was extremely relevant to the notion of physical journeys. watch it.

would anyone know a movie, other than the one i mentioned, on physical journeys? or an article, interview...something interesting?

elisabeth

HSC
I know of an article about a group of boys walking the Kokoda trail in PNG to better understand the ANZAC spirit. It's really good for physical journeys and it's called "In the footsteps of ANZACs" from Channel 7's website. If you can't find it online, I can email you a copy. :)

Amd Simbin - yep, it's called 7 years in Tibet.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Yo, i'm using the film Cast Away as a relayed material for physical journeys. It's pretty good since there's alot you can analyse and write about.

kobra

HSC
Yeh dude..I'm doing Castaway as well but i'm having doubts as to whether it's physical..like i hired the movie & took notes of it..i'm gonna try finishing it 2nite

Gummy_bear

HSC
I have the PERFECT book! the real life story called 'between a rock and a hard place' its about that dude who got trapped by a rock and had to chop his own arm off with a pocket knife. it was on the news and stuff, and it would be perfect for physical journey as he learned to live life to the full etc.

i really recommend you use this, it would be in the library if you dont want to but it, but its a really good read anyway.

gosh

you could use the show "Around the World in 80 Days" or "Himalaya" by Michael Palin. theyre both documentaries you can relate to physical journey

jimi_robbie

HSC
I used a documentary called "Off The Rails" - I saw the film version, but I think it is also available as a book... It follows two guys (Tim Cope and Chris Hatherly) as they ride recumbent bicycles across Russia and end up in China. I found it a really good piece of related material because it fit really well into physical journeys, and you can talk easily about techniques such as camera angles, commentary, and first-hand emotion. It is a really personal journey as well.
Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)