• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Good Luck MH Class of '04!!! (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Good luck everyone for tomorrow. I hope this forum has been a helpful resource in your preparations. Tomorrow there should be an "exam thoughts" forum up so you can all whinge/vent/celebrate after the exam so post all of your exam thoughts in there. My thoughts are with you all, and I am sure you will all do fine! Just try your hardest, that's all you can do, so don't stress too much!

May your pens move like the wind, fuelled by minds full of historical information, and may the board be kind with their questions!

Good luck!

Ashlee :)

Sasky

HSC
Thanks so much for the post!

AHHHH its tomorrow!!!!
Sob...
Wail..
Sniff.

'Luck everyone.

Sniff Sniff. :(

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
thanks

good luck to everyone 2
warm up your hand in reading time
and don;t do the comprhension first, if u do it after u have written an essay it will give your hand a rest :)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
yeh thanks 4 that ashlee...good luck evry1 and Gordo is right, dont do the comprehension first it is a welcome reprieve after all the essays are done

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Thanks Ashlee :)

I agree with everyone but when you DO do the comprehension, make sure you get it right lol The brain tends to short circuit by that time and your hand will be screaming for reprieve too hahaha

Acid

HSC
I'm gonna do WW1 fist to get warmed up....problably only gonna spend 30 mins on the whole section though...

Wanna do comprehension first so i can have all the answers in my reading time and just write flat out...then do Leni...then do the essay that is easier of the two..

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
lol u shud b sleeping for at least 8 of those 17 hours neways....i need evry hour i can get

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
sleep? *twitches*
i can't afford to sleep, i need to re-learn all of Speer and the Cold War!
coffee will see me through....

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I didn't sleep much before my modern exam because I thought I needed to study more.... I think sleep deprivation was what got me my HSC mark, which was 5 marks below what I scored in the trial.

A good sleep allows your brain to process and organize the information you have learned, so try and get a decent sleep in before the exam.

Eating properly, sleeping properly, looking after yourself etc will help your exam performance... take this from someone who learned the hard way!

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Thanks Ash....I'm doing WW1 first just to get into it nice and easily. That way you have time to let the essay answers develop in the back of your mind, plus if you do it as fast as possible you can allow yourself extra time for the essays. If you do the essays first you don't know whether or not you can accomodate for extra time.

Good luck everyone!

msi

i dont see why ppl say WW1 is easy.. its like 4 years of history in one term... so thats pretty detailed. unlike the other topics which are like 50 years with and less detail... so i think the less detail the easier.. but thats just me

anyways good luck everyone

oh btw how long do we spend on each section??

rama_v

HSC
WWI is easy because even without a single bit of knowledge u can get 25/30..lcause two of teh questinos are based entirely on sources, and one if "use your own knowledge and the sources..." so if u use only the sources and make generalisatinos from then and combinen them well u caan still get half teh marks.

Good luck everyone :)

KarmaKitten

HSC
rama_v said:
WWI is easy because even without a single bit of knowledge u can get 25/30..lcause two of teh questinos are based entirely on sources, and one if "use your own knowledge and the sources..." so if u use only the sources and make generalisatinos from then and combinen them well u caan still get half teh marks.

Good luck everyone :)

It might be easy, but because its relatively easy. you dont want to lose those easy marks, hence atleast a bit of knowledge is required for question 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)