Greek World 500-440 BC (1 Viewer)

brunette

HSC
hey guys

just wanted to ask whether anyone thinks that 'political changes in athens or the peloponnessian league' would replace a persian or delian league essay question this yr

for the past 3 exams the essays have been on persians and delian league and i dont think that they would ask a question on the third topic but i just wanted to find out what other ppl thought and whether they were actually studying that part?!?
what would u even write about??...my class briefly went thru it after the trials but its confusing!!

anywayz good luck!!!

xx

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
I doubt we'd get something on the policical changes on account of the peloponessian league cause it is really such a small point - not enought to write an essay on

Plebeian

I think there could easily be a question on Athenian democracy, it's a fairly major part of the topic and they might be running out of questions (because they haven't asked it before, it might be a good choice). I don't really think the Peloponnesian League is large enough to warrant a whole question so I'm pretty much leaving that.

If you don't understand the democracy section though, it might be better to concentrate on something else and just not answer a democracy question if it does appear, since you have a choice. It is obviously better to know as much as possible though, if you would like help with democracy, post a thread here perhaps.

jimmik

HSC
i agree, the peloponnesian league seems too small a point to delve into an essay for. jus study for as much as you can, cuz they can really ask anything but i reckon athenian democracy or transformation of the athenian empire will appear as an essay. jus a hunch.

brunette

HSC
AsyLum said:

wat the???? i dont get it

wow ppl reply so fast
but anywayz i wouldnt mind leaving them out coz they r too complicated for my understanding :)

but for an athenian democracy question (if god forbid they dont ask delian league or persian wars) would i just talk about ephialtes and cliethenes reforms etc...like the areopagus and stuf like that

ill probably just study athenian democracy a bit (just in case) coz i doubt that they would ever cut out the 2 major topics...or would they?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
"3/ If you are still loooking for notes/summaries/help, create a thread, make sure it is in the relevant sub-section"

Sorry to be a bit of an ass, but id like to get people into the habit of posting within the four subforums, thats what theyre there for.

brunette

HSC
ahhh sorry...not used to this sub-section thing!!! ill be a good girl next time :)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
i think with ancient you really CANT predict what they're going to give u.

'political changes in athens or the peloponnessian league' is a pretty awful question, and i don't think i'd answer it. i'd hope for the second question to be better. lol ur best bet is to try and write an essay for each syllabus dot point. know the essays so u can regurgitate them in the exam. it's not a perfect idea for everyone, but i know it works for me. :)

some of the syllabus dot points i actually dont hav enuf info to write complete essays, so i'm hoping that between the Historical period and the Additional historical period, i can choose an essay which i know.

brunette

HSC
as long as one is either persian wars or delian league ill be happy...the other topics are just too complicated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)