guitarists... (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
who wants to form an angsty girl punk band

no, in all seriousness, who plays guitar here? what guitar(s) do you own, what songs do you like, etc

i've been learning for about a month on an acoustic, coming along quite nicely i must say.

Mike iE

HSC
I play guitar and bass. Been playing 2-3 years self taught and have played in punk and rock bands. I like playing stuff with cool melodies, im not that interested in playing guitar wank solos. I can pick up most melodies and chord progressions by ear too.

Equipment i have accumulated:

Ibanez RX40
Epiphone Les Paul Studio - snapped across the 1st fret
Monterry Bass
Monterry Acoustic
Peavey Rage 158 amp
Jade 80 watt amp
Marshall MG100 HDFX stack with 4x12 cabinet
Zoom 707II effects pedal

Learning is the hardest but most rewarding stage, you feel great when you can nail a song you've been trying to learn

G

Gavvvvvin

Ive been playing guitar for about two years . . . i just like playing basic punk songs (because that is all I can play) :p

Can I join you angsty girl punk band :p

mack

Banned
HSC
This is my sixth year of guitar. I used to be in an angry punk band, but i soon ran out of topics to direct my teen angst at...(theres only so many songs you can write about sucky parents). I started practising heavily in yr 9 though, and got into jazz fusion and classical guitar. In time i was playing Dream Theatre and Symphony X solos note for note. Kind of different to what youre doing though Babydoll.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Been playing for 7 years.

Can i be in the rock band!!

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I own an acoustic guitar... but can't play it.

I'm trying to teach myself. It's going slowly and I'm probably probably not practising enough, but it's fun so it's all good.

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
guitar for i don't know how long ...2 years maybe. i rarely practice, therefore i'm not very good, but i still enjoy playing

gear:
cheap samick fender copy
marshall MK-something 10 watter practice amp
marshall AVT100 combo
crybaby wah

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
Been playing for 7 years.

Can i be in the rock band!!
sure, just go get your dress first, my band is girls only

inasero

Reborn
HSC
girls only :) reinforced by your avatar...hope you're not going thru a "I'm so gonna be a lesbian guys r stupid throw rocks at them" stage hehe

i played mainly classical (on my samick steel-string dreadnought) and pop/rock until earlier on this year when (would you believe it) a curtain blew over my guitar on a windy day and the neck smashed across the sharp corner of my wooden armchair.

i need to get a new guitar...electric mainly

would love to play soaring guitar solos ala Steve Vai

any suggestions?

adsta

HSC
Been playing guitar for 12 years now. It's my passion, and my only form of income to help pay for uni :p

My current set up is an ibanez rg520 -> boss gt3 -> marshall valvestate stack.

As for what I play, Dream Theater, Nightwish, Sky, Yngwie Malmsteen, Evergrey, Mussorgsky, Bach, Stravinsky, Duke Ellington, TV series theme music hehe.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I've been playing my trusty semi-electric for 3 years now. i love it :D

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
been playing acoustic for around a month now. ive got an odessa (dont know if its good or anything, it seemed cheap so i got it). i want to upgrade to electric and will probably go with something cheap off ebay or something. so far im playing songs which sound nice when you play chords (folk, rock etc...). started playing some blues too.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
mack said:
Im considering selling my Gibson Les Paul and my Marshall amp. Anyone interested?
doubt I can afford a Les Paul :(...

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
mack said:
In time i was playing Dream Theater and Symphony X solos note for note.
Solid. If you can play the intro to Smoke & Mirrors by Symphony X (the sweeping bit) you're a fucking nutcase. I got a mate who can play some stuff, like Out of the Ashes, Take the Time by DT and a few others.

He's got the same guitar as you, also has a Marshall stack but I think he wants to upgrade to some more ballsy Engl stuff

Me? I'm an acoustic battler. I can play the acoustic bit out of The Oddysey! And the bit out of Divine Wings, but that's about it for those 2 bands.

adsta

HSC
Nice to see some Symphony X fans around this part of the world. Michael Romeo is an awesome guitarist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)