Gwen Harwood and How that Question was EVIL!!! (1 Viewer)

masteraal

is it me or did everyone who did harwood f*** up the context part of the esssay which is pretty much the whole essay.... i had to fudge my whole essay which ended up being a dodgy 4 page essay which on normal paper would be like 1 page...damn context!!!!

L45er

Booyakasha
HSC
Can't say i F**ked it, it was to be expected and was what i was taught all year. The whole context thing is what module B is about. If ya read the stuff, it says "evaluates different perceptions from different contexts" or something like that. Maybe your teacher just didn't pick up on that?

masteraal

yeah i srsly dont think we talked much about the context..i stupidly left that section till last....so for the last 7 mins i sat there and waited....WHAT A WASTE

L45er

Booyakasha
HSC
Oh well, just be elated that the fact english is forever finished. No more torture of being forced to read meaningless text after meaningless text, and then try and make some meaning of it. Unless of course, you decide to do an arts degree.

Acid

HSC
I basically said that my context didn't affect my interpretation of her texts because the issues she conveys are timeless. And these are drawn out by conducting different readings such as postmodernist, romanticist, feminist, religious, psycho-analytic....

J

jhakka

It didn't bother me. I just talked about what modern society values and how it can affect readings.

BriannoThePiano

What pissed me off about the Harwood question was whether or not "Barn Owl" and "Nightfall" were supposed to be considered one poem or two! I believe they are two.. or obvious reasons.. but... I mean it is the BOS. I ended up crapping on about Alter Ego Rather than the "Father And Child" 'series'.. which I hadn't studied for... but, bullshit on cue always saves the day..

masteraal

I was told that it was one poem..just having 2 parts....ohh well...who gives a crap now right...all i care is english is over and as soon as i get my kettle BBQ out im going to have a fire in the backyard :)

mgmgmg87

this was my worst q ever. My teacher brushed over the multiple readings in like one lesson. Totally stuffed it up. Was it wrong to use the poems as a study for the h.s.c. as part of my context?

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i said my context was a school student ina postmodern society where u use intertextuality to eviscerate texts down to a nauseating degree.

then showed how that shapes meaning that wasn;t implied wen the poems were written in the 1950s

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
that question screwed me up.. i think i just said all my info and didnt really answer the question..
i think at the end i wrote something about i can appreciate all these readings but from a year 12 hsc students perspective blah blah..
hopefully ill get like 11/20 for it lol (damn i wish we could find out individual question marks.. oh well)

kat_mandu

What the?
HSC
as if the question was expected. yes we had to know perceptions and all the varient readings but not once were we required to crap on bout our interpretation and how our context has effected it. I don't see how in an essay on a critical study there is any room for us to share our own context. This question sucked

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
my english teachers quote "GH would be laughing at that stupid question"

X

xeuyrawp

i talked about how context effected each reading...
was really prepared for it

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
i screwed up Harwood. I rambled for 3 pages about what i thought the poems mean, and how this was effected by my context, then dot-pointed a pages cos i ran out of time. It was pretty bad, Harwood's gonna be the thing that lets my down in english

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)